LOL BJJ Memes

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Canuckster

Re: LOL BJJ Meme

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:46 pm

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:

Nice. My coach is a big fan of smash pass techniques, we drill variations of it often. But for every technique of course he has a defense.

I would really love for you to feel it someday, tell me if I'm being over-respectful or not. It really does seem like he has an answer for everything, all the high level guys say the same thing. I know you are great too and for sure much bigger and stronger but I'd be so curious to see how your Carlson Gracie style fits with a Cobrinha style, what you would think of his guard after actually feeling it.

Maybe one day
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:59 pm

You will pass his guard when you begin seeing jiu jitsu as conceptual rather than a series of rigid techniques and begin making variations of these on your own.

I'm not trying to talk down your coach, he wouldn't be where he is without some skill no doubt.

However, when your coach knows what you're going to do before you do it, of course he will have an answer for you. Because hes the one who taught you what you know.

Present him with a puzzle he's never seen and you're liable to begin having success when you start realizing you know what he's going to do as well and begin to counter it with creativity.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:01 pm

When you get back, let's book a day and you and I can spend an afternoon breaking down my guard pass concepts that I use

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:53 pm

That would be great man. I feel much the same sort of stymied helplessness when I roll with you too lol just nowhere to go

Let’s roll soon, I’m back feb 22

Now more memes please :)

Return to “Super Dojo”