Baroni didn't get PAID

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Baroni didn't get PAID

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:41 pm

A Travesty:

Fighters from Bare Knuckle FF have still not been paid, owner set to be deported

https://middleeasy.com/mma/fighters-bar ... -deported/

So about those Bare Knuckle boxing matches back in November. We all remember the Bare Knuckle FF card that featured Chris Leben vs. Phil Baroni, Dakota Cochrane, Johny Hendricks, Isaac Vallie-Flagg and a host of other UFC/Stirkeforce/Bellator veterans.

Yeah, of the 26 fighters who competed on the first ever World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation card none of them got paid. Zero.

This card was covered by every major MMA publication and Bas Rutten was named the President of the promotion. Now over two months since the Nov. 9 card, fighters are still looking for answers.

According to roving MMA reporter Mike Russell, owner of the World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation Tomasz Stankiewicz may not be able to pay any of the fighters’ ever.

See the thing is.

What happened was.

Both the prosecution & defense also conceded that Stankiewicz will likely be deported back to Poland as a result of living illegally in the USA for several years prior to being arrested for these felony fraud charges. If he doesn't repay the money he cannot reenter the USA. pic.twitter.com/1AUGE08V65

— Mike Russell (@MIKERUSSELLMMA) January 24, 2019

This sucks.

Per court records Tomasz Stankiewicz owes $2,408,864 in mortgage fraud and has to serve 34 months in prison. Not ideal.

The Bare Knuckle boxing bubble may be ready to burst but in 2018 it was a banner year for the sport that was trying to make a comeback. Promotions in the US and Europe popped seemingly overnight, and it felt like may Bare Knuckle boxing could be a thing again.

12 months later and many of those same promotions have fallen by the wayside or have simply gone underground. To perfectly honest it was hard to keep up with which Bare Knuckle promotion was which and who was legitimate and who was shady.

The Bare Knuckle FF had some genuine star power on it but may now go down as one of the worst one-time promoters in combat sports history.

Somebody pay these fighters and never let anyone associated with the World Bare Knuckle Fighting Federation near a promoter’s license again.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:41 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Its things like this why Baroni (AKA the Best Eva) is still living in his car:

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:24 pm

- I thought fighters where fronted a percentage of the money like MMA!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- I thought fighters where fronted a percentage of the money like MMA!

Only if you negotiate it
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”