Fight Calendar & Discussion 2019

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Re: Fight Calendar & Discussion 2019

Postby Luigi » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Also Tenshin boxed in a 3 round exhibition against former 118 lbs boxing champion Koki Kameda and beat him up.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Luigi wrote:Also Tenshin boxed in a 3 round exhibition against former 118 lbs boxing champion Koki Kameda and beat him up.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:05 pm

- I got more surprised by Lovato. Very impressive showing!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:18 pm

With Kyoji Horiguchi superfight unlikely, double champ Patricio ‘Pitbull’ focuses on Bellator featherweight GP

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Jun 25, 2019

Patricio Freire was hoping to make history and go for a third Bellator belt in 2019, but it looks like the company isn’t so interested in booking that right now.

The featherweight king moved up to lightweight to dethrone Michael Chandler in just 61 seconds in May. Shortly after the win, “Pitbull” informed Bellator officials he was willing to cut all the way down to 135 pound to challenge Kyoji Horiguchi, who became the Rizin and Bellator bantamweight champion with a second win over Darrion Caldwell earlier this month.

“I requested a title shot at 135 pounds against the winner of that fight,” Freire told MMA Fighting, “But it appears to me that Bellator has no intention doing that. What’s next for me now is the 145-pound grand prix, which starts in October.”

It’s still unclear who will be part of the upcoming Bellator featherweight tournament, but “Pitbull” guarantees he’s 100 percent in. In a similar situation to Rory MacDonald’s run in the welterweight grand prix, Freire will be putting his belt on the line every step of the way.

Freire doesn’t know who his first opponent will be, but was told that “everyone will be in the grand prix”. With names like Pat Curran, Daniel Straus, A.J. McKee, Juan Archuleta and Henry Corrales as possibilities, he has ideal opponents in mind.

“My (first) opponent has to be someone that deserves a title shot. At least the first one — the second one will depend on the tournament bracket,” Freire said. “If you’re taking rankings into consideration, three guys are deserving, in my opinion: Corrales, A.J. McKee and Archuleta. They are on a good winning streak. I think it should be one of them. I’d rather fight someone new now, to not get a rematch right away.”

“I’ve already beat Henry Corrales, but he was a tough one. They are all tough,” he continued. “People might say A.J. McKee is the most dangerous one for the wins he has, but he’s fought many average fighters, some weak fighters, so I don’t know. They are all dangerous. There’s no fool there.”

“Pitbull”, who’s currently riding a four-fight winning streak, has added a good name to his camp ahead of the 145-pound tournament: Everton Lopes, who retired last year as a professional boxer after sustaining shoulder injuries to focus on a career as a trainer. Lopes won two Pan-American medals and became world champion as an amateur in 2011 before going 6-0 as a professional under the Golden Boy Promotions banner.

Freire now holds two belts simultaneously in Bellator, but doesn’t plan on vacating the lightweight gold just yet. At least not while his brother, lightweight contender Patricky Freire, competes in the upcoming Rizin 155-pound tournament later this year in Japan.

“My brother against Ben Henderson would be a legit title fight if it was vacant,” Freire said. “I won’t vacate it since he’s with Rizin now, and it wouldn’t be fair to have a title fight without him. If Bellator suggests that, I won’t vacate it.”

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/25/18716247/kyoji-horiguchi-superfight-unlikely-double-champion-patricio-pitbull-bellator-featherweight-gp

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:07 am

Some news:

Fury's stay-busy fight might be Jarrell Miller.

K-1 has started uploading its archives and new fights in English and Abema has unlocked parts of its content to non-Japanese IPs. From what I've heard K-1 uploaded over 200 English videos today. They haven't marketed it at all so this may actually be a push from Abema in an effort to expand their platform.

Thai superstar Yodwicha lost a decision many felt was incorrect:

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 am

Rico v Badr 2 announced for December.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:33 am

Tito Ortiz is going to fight Alberto Del Rio lol

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:06 pm

- EAGLES ELIMINATION UNDERCARD KICKBOXING

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Glorious HD + English commentary K-1:

Also this weekend is absolutely nuts in terms of fights. I don't think any other weekend of the year will have this many fights. My calendar at work can only handle about half of them.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:06 am

Luigi wrote:Glorious HD + English commentary K-1:

Also this weekend is absolutely nuts in terms of fights. I don't think any other weekend of the year will have this many fights. My calendar at work can only handle about half of them.

- Last weekend had AEW - Fight for the fallen, NJPW- G1, Wwe extreme rules, Evolve. And a russian mma event that i found.
I didn't manage to watch all!

Return to “Super Dojo”