Oh, Johnny

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Oh, Johnny

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:10 pm

I agree, this seems too ugly to be any sort of scripted hype-maker.

So many other things UFC could do to manufacture hype, this is so messy and costly, pissing off fans and risking all kinds of integrity.

One interesting thing I found in a recent interview Jones tells Ariel H straight up that 'he never ever knowingly put any performance enhancers in his body'. After all he's been through how could he tell such a lie with a straight face? How long does he really think he can stretch this charade for?

I am starting to think that Jones may be some sort of sociopath, he doesn't seem bothered at all about lying and lying and cheating and lying and pretending to be someone everyone can see he isn't.

I listened to Brendan Schaub's podcast, Schaub rips him up and down saying 'do you think its a coincidence that the greatest fighter in the world is also continuously busted with PED issues over and over again? Its like Lance Armstrong, he was so much better than anyone else but how much can you give him credit for this vs his PED use?

I'm also hearing that in LA the taxes or something are way higher, and the fighters will have to give up a way bigger chunk of their pay now because of him, losing many thousands $$

What a fuckhead. It would be fun to have a heel in the UFC that absolutely wrecks people but keeps having PED issues, lol but at the same time its hard to see people like this keep succeeding

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:27 pm

So the explanation I got for this was that because the test for this metabolite has only been availble for 10 years or so they havent done enough studies to firmly confirm that the metabolite couldnt stay in the system for very long times. All the experts think it stays in your system for a few months, with the highest estimate being "6 months, or maybe more" - seems like a lot less than 18 months. However USADA knows from experience Jones can hire good lawyers so they are giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because they know a lawyer could argue they dont know 100% and could win.

But the problem with this is that if you look at all the tests Jones passed, there is one from December 2017 that specifically looked for this metabolite and came up negative. Seems pretty obvious this entered his body within the last year, not 18 months ago, but USADA is explaining this by saying the metabolite "pulsates" in and out of detection in the system because it can possible go into fat cells and then leave them. If that is actually true; 1. Why do the test at all? and 2. Why punish Frank Mir and not come up with all these crazy explanations for him?

But now comes another plot twist, credit to GSPSAKU from Sherdog for catching this:

"Found this quite interesting from the golden snitch himself and how Rogan let it slip by or not acknowledge it was astounding. Per Novitsky, Jon Jones tested positive in July 2017 for “20-40 picograms of a long term turinabol metabolite, M3” and then just this month, Jon Jones tested positive for “60-80 picograms of the same long term metabolite, M3”.

So how did the amount double or possibly even triple in 17 months without taking any additional substances?"

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 pm

Masato wrote:I agree, this seems too ugly to be any sort of scripted hype-maker.

So many other things UFC could do to manufacture hype, this is so messy and costly, pissing off fans and risking all kinds of integrity.

One interesting thing I found in a recent interview Jones tells Ariel H straight up that 'he never ever knowingly put any performance enhancers in his body'. After all he's been through how could he tell such a lie with a straight face? How long does he really think he can stretch this charade for?

I am starting to think that Jones may be some sort of sociopath, he doesn't seem bothered at all about lying and lying and cheating and lying and pretending to be someone everyone can see he isn't.

I listened to Brendan Schaub's podcast, Schaub rips him up and down saying 'do you think its a coincidence that the greatest fighter in the world is also continuously busted with PED issues over and over again? Its like Lance Armstrong, he was so much better than anyone else but how much can you give him credit for this vs his PED use?

I'm also hearing that in LA the taxes or something are way higher, and the fighters will have to give up a way bigger chunk of their pay now because of him, losing many thousands $$

What a fuckhead. It would be fun to have a heel in the UFC that absolutely wrecks people but keeps having PED issues, lol but at the same time its hard to see people like this keep succeeding

- He also doesnt hasanother form of making money. Ronda got movies and Wwe. Bisping is charismatic, same as Chael, Jones on the other hand burned all the bridges outside UFC. So i undestand he lying.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Luigi wrote:So the explanation I got for this was that because the test for this metabolite has only been availble for 10 years or so they havent done enough studies to firmly confirm that the metabolite couldnt stay in the system for very long times. All the experts think it stays in your system for a few months, with the highest estimate being "6 months, or maybe more" - seems like a lot less than 18 months. However USADA knows from experience Jones can hire good lawyers so they are giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because they know a lawyer could argue they dont know 100% and could win.

But the problem with this is that if you look at all the tests Jones passed, there is one from December 2017 that specifically looked for this metabolite and came up negative. Seems pretty obvious this entered his body within the last year, not 18 months ago, but USADA is explaining this by saying the metabolite "pulsates" in and out of detection in the system because it can possible go into fat cells and then leave them. If that is actually true; 1. Why do the test at all? and 2. Why punish Frank Mir and not come up with all these crazy explanations for him?

But now comes another plot twist, credit to GSPSAKU from Sherdog for catching this:

"Found this quite interesting from the golden snitch himself and how Rogan let it slip by or not acknowledge it was astounding. Per Novitsky, Jon Jones tested positive in July 2017 for “20-40 picograms of a long term turinabol metabolite, M3” and then just this month, Jon Jones tested positive for “60-80 picograms of the same long term metabolite, M3”.

So how did the amount double or possibly even triple in 17 months without taking any additional substances?"

- He took more, and doesnt got flushed out the body fast enough!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:39 pm

^ yeah seems pretty straightforward imo

Luigi had some good info, I don't know how anyone could really believe a scenario where he hasn't taken anything in 18 months.

Did you guys know that BJ Penn is on the undercard? Fighting that arrogant-ass BJJ blackbelt

Enjoy the fights (for whoever is watching)!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:05 am

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:58 pm

You mofos missed a good show

Exciting fights. Some grappling to watch for a change

I went out with my cousin who is going through some life shit. Was good to escape and talk some ideas out.

Wings were shitty though.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:26 am

I watched it, good card but disappointing main event result.

penxv

Postby penxv » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:57 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:Image

Very slick.

Return to “Super Dojo”