Lil Masato competing again tomorrow

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Lil Masato competing again tomorrow

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:32 pm

I am a nervous wreck lol. Starting to hate when he competes.

Will be his first tournament with subs.

Also for the first time I might miss it. I have to teach tomorrow morning, my wife is taking him this time. Hopefully it will all be behind schedule as usual and I can get there in time but maybe won’t make it in time.

I’ll post results tomorrow night.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 pm

- He needs to listen the Rocky IV soundtrack!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Got bumped in the first match, but it was one of the greatest kids matches I've seen.

His opponent was a beast, really high level strong kid and came to FIGHT. A huge challenge right off the bat and he took it to him. Great back and forth, Lil Masato did great everywhere, so proud of him but the other kid got a few more points along the way. (Lil Masato seems great in dominating positions that get no points, lol)

There was some controversy, the ref had to stop the opponent cuz he was reaping the knee. Lil Mas said he did it twice more during the match but the ref didn't call it. Opponents' coaches were animals, 4 of them screaming when you're only supposed to have 1. Mrs. Masato was not impressed with the whole thing, lol it was her first time at one of these things. I do agree its kind of a psycho atmosphere. Tension is high, some parents go nuts, kids crying all over the place lol

We'll see how long before he asks to do his next one.

The vid is on my wife's phone so may take some time to get it to Youtube but I'll post in the next week or so.

I'm super proud of him. Great match against high competition, and he took the loss like a champ, didn't let the disappointment overcome him he feels OK. What a kid.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:33 pm

Oh yeah he did have a second match but his opponent didn't walk onto the mats for some reason. Hurt or scared I suppose.

Must be tough to go to these things and only get 1 match, win or lose it would be fun to get at least 3 matches. My wife says they are money making machines, lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Here is the match:

Lil Mas in white:

PS: ref stops the fight for reaping the knee. Apparently the kid got caught doing this more in later matches :(

iBerimbolo

Postby iBerimbolo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:32 am

Masato wrote:Here is the match:

Lil Mas in white:

PS: ref stops the fight for reaping the knee. Apparently the kid got caught doing this more in later matches :(

Awesome!

Return to “Super Dojo”