Six fights added to UFC Fortaleza, including Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Six fights added to UFC Fortaleza, including Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:58 pm

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Nov 29, 2018

Lyman Good will have a big opportunity ahead of him in the Octagon, as he meets two-time UFC title contender Demian Maia in the co-main event of UFC Fortaleza on Feb. 2, the UFC announced Thursday.

The Fight Night show will be headlined by a rematch between bantamweight contenders Raphael Assuncao and Marlon Moraes, the promotion confirmed.

Good (20-4, one no-contest) stopped Ben Saunders in just 92 seconds earlier this month, bouncing back from a split-decision loss to Elizeu Zaleski in 2017. The one-time Bellator tournament finalist and TUF veteran won two of three since joining the UFC in 2015.

Maia (25-9) has his back against the wall after losing three straight for the first time in his career, decisions to welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, future interim champion Colby Covington, and Kamaru Usman. Maia won seven in a row prior to that skid.

The UFC has also officially announced five more match-ups for the event. Alexa Grasso will take on Contender Series Brazil alum Marina Rodriguez, while heavyweight Junior Albini faces undefeated Dmitry Sosnovskiy. Welterweight veteran Thiago Alves is set to take on Max Griffin, while flyweights Rogerio Bontorin and Magomed Bibulatov battle in what could be one of the final flyweight matches in UFC history. In the women’s flyweight division, Mara Romero Borella faces Octagon newcomer Taila Santos. The last three bouts were first reported by Combate.

The current fight card can be seen below.

Raphael Assuncao vs. Marlon Moraes
Demian Maia vs. Lyman Good
Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin
Alexa Grasso vs. Marina Rodriguez
Junior Albini vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy
Rogerio Bontorin vs. Magomed Bibulatov
Mara Romero Borella vs. Taila Santos

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11/29/18118709/six-fights-added-ufc-fortaleza-demian-maia-lyman-good
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”