Fight of the Year | Wilder vs Fury

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Jehannum

Fight of the Year | Wilder vs Fury

Postby Jehannum » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am

Everyone is looking forward to the hotly anticipated matchup between two undefeated heavyweights, WBC Champion Deontay Wilder and Lineal HW Champion Tyson Fury, but is this event going to prove America is still the center of boxing or will it bomb spectacularly further cementing the UK's claim?

On December 1st we will find out!!

(larger version HERE)

Main card and televised undercard

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury
Luis Ortiz vs Travis Kauffman
Joe Joyce vs Joe Hanks
Adonis Stevenson vs Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Jarrett Hurd vs Jason Welborn
Julio Cesar Chavez jr vs Alfredo Angulo

Fights on the non televised portion

Chris Arreola vs TBA
Isaac Lowe vs TBA
Robert Guerrero vs TBA

P.S. If you spot any errors on the FOTY poster please let me know
P.P.S. I will update this post when those opponents are announced

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:57 pm

That's beautiful dude..! I don't get most of the jokes (actually none of them lol) but the shoop is great :D

LOVE that ink outline style. It works amazing to harmonize otherwise shooped elements together

That sketchy pencil-crayon texture was from the source image, correct? looks so cool

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:58 pm

PS: What's this about? What is wrong with boxing in america? who are the dudes you shopped? thx

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Top left is Al Haymon, boxing promoter and manager and he runs PBC I think (Premier Boxing Champions)

the old guy next to him is Shelly Finkel, also a boxing manager going as far back as Mike Tyson. He manages Deontay Wilder.

The black guy with the crown is Adonis Stevenson, LHW "King" and he features on the card. The next black guy is Deontay.

The guy with the 305 hat is Luis Ortiz, Deontay's previous opponent and he's also fighting on the card.

The guy top right corner is Jarrett Hurd, another champion competing on the card.

The guy with the apple is me, then front row on the left is Julio Cesar Chavez jr. front row right is Joe Joyce, a HW prospect.

All the matchups are supposed to favour the PBC fighters which is why I put their opponents in the "extras" section of the credits.

There aren't really many jokes in there, and it's meant for the boxingscene.com community so I tailored it to them.

Regarding the Anti-America slogan, it's because of the nonstop debates raging around Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder plus their managers and promoters. Many feel the UK is taking over as the center of boxing whereas others don't agree for various reasons. It's warfare over on boxingscene every damn day lol

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Masato wrote:That's beautiful dude..! I don't get most of the jokes (actually none of them lol) but the shoop is great :D

LOVE that ink outline style. It works amazing to harmonize otherwise shooped elements together

That sketchy pencil-crayon texture was from the source image, correct? looks so cool
This is the original, it might answer your questions

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:24 pm

hell yeah Al Haymon just retweeted it

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Jehannum wrote:hell yeah Al Haymon just retweeted it

dammit it was the fake Al Haymon account not the real one lol, forgot I tagged him because the real one isn't on twitter

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:50 am

and sorry for the self promotion Masato, I can see from the responses (or lack of) on other communities that people just aren't interested in my photoshooped posters, and if I'm being honest they never have been. I'm not inspired by doing crappy looking 5 minute shoops anymore, so I think that poster is going to be the last MMA/Boxing photoshoop I make.

I'll be putting my focus back on my board games and animated series project.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 pm

It really is amazing how the UK is now neck and neck with USA and Mexico for top boxing country. They even have a ton of awesome guys in the lower weights. Apparently its a product of the UK's olympic sport development program giving their guys such amazing bases to enter the pros with.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Did anyone watch the fight?

I didn’t but sure sounded exciting. If you watched what did you think of the judges call?

I’ll be curious to hunt for a vid if it, sorry I missed it live looked like a good show. Good for boxing

Return to “Super Dojo”