Gleison Tibau to compete on Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 undercard

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Gleison Tibau to compete on Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 undercard

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Golden Boy MMA’s first ever event will have a familiar former UFC fighter on the undercard.

By Mookie Alexander @mookiealexander

In just over two months, former UFC champions, MMA legends, and longtime rivals Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz will square off for a third time. While their previous two encounters took place under the UFC banner, the third one will be promoted by Oscar De La Hoya’s new Golden Boy MMA venture.

With plans for Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 to be exclusively an MMA-only event, it’s time for De La Hoya and team to assemble the rest of the card, and it looks like they’ve found their first fighter. UFC lightweight veteran Gleison Tibau confirmed to MMA Fighting that he’ll be competing on the November 24th pay-per-view.

“It’s going to be a great show,” Tibau said. “I’m still feeling weird after more than a decade in the UFC. Everything is so new after years under the UFC brand, inside that Octagon. It’s a new life now, a new cage, a new division. Everything is new. I can’t wait to show I still have it.”

The 35-year-old Tibau was let go by the UFC after losing his fourth consecutive fight, a unanimous decision to Desmond Green in June. He went 16-12 in the UFC, stretching all the way back to a 2006 welterweight loss to Nick Diaz. Known for being a large lightweight throughout his career, Tibau is moving back to 170, saying “I will be able to impose my pressure, strength and explosiveness in the fight.”

An opponent has yet to be named for Tibau.

Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 is set for The Forum in Inglewood, California.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/4/17820452/ex-ufc-fighter-gleison-tibau-fighting-chuck-liddell-vs-tito-ortiz-undercard-mma-news
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”