Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Elias Theodorou re-booked for UFC 231

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Elias Theodorou re-booked for UFC 231

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Middleweights Antonio Carlos Junior and Elias Theodorou will now meet at UFC 231 in Toronto.

By Lucas Rezende @rezenluc Aug 30, 2018

It seems Antonio Carlos Junior’s injury wasn’t so serious.

After being forced out of the upcoming UFC Fight Night 137 card, on September 22, ‘Cara de Sapato’s’ middleweight bout against Elias Theodorou has now been rescheduled to UFC 231, the promotion announced on Wednesday.

Currently on a five-fight winning streak, with four submissions, Antonio Carlos Junior (10-2-1 NC) defeated the likes of Leonardo Guimares, Marvin Vettori, Eric Spicely, Jack Marshman and, most recently, veteran Tim Boetsch, in April. The 28-year-old’s last loss came in March 2016, when he was TKO’d by Dan Kelly.

As for Elias Theodorou (15-2), the Canadian will look for his third straight win after defeating both Dan Kelly and Trevor Smith via unanimous decision. ‘The Spartan’ hasn’t lost a fight since an unanimous decision loss to Brad Tavares back in July 2017.

UFC 231 is scheduled for the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on December 8. The card is expected to bee headlined by a featherweight title fight between champion Max Holloway and the top contender, Brian Ortega

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/30/17797882/antonio-carlos-junior-vs-elias-theodorou-re-booked-ufc-231-mma-news
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”