Cris Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes set for UFC 232

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Cris Cyborg vs. Amanda Nunes set for UFC 232

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:10 pm

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Aug 22, 2018

UFC champions Cris Cyborg and Amanda Nunes will meet in the Octagon on Dec. 29, multiple sources confirmed to MMA Fighting following a report by ESPN. Cyborg’s featherweight title will be on the line when they meet in a 145-pound fight at Las Vegas’ UFC 232.

Cyborg (20-1, 1 no-contest) attempted to convince the UFC and Nunes to move the fight to September, complaining about the long layoff after a March title defense with Yana Kunitskaya, but the promotion ultimately booked it for the final card of the year.

The featherweight champion is 5-0 inside the Octagon with wins over Leslie Smith, Lina Lansberg, Tonya Evinger, Holly Holm and Kunitskaya.

Nunes (16-4) last fought in May, stopping Raquel Pennington in the fifth round to successfully defend the bantamweight title for the third time.

The American Top Team product, who hasn’t fought as a featherweight since 2011, is coming off consecutive victories over Shayna Baszler, Sara McMann, Valentina Shevchenko (twice), Miesha Tate, Ronda Rousey and Pennington.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/22/17771400/cris-cyborg-amanda-nunes-signed-ufc-232
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”