Jones/Hendo/Machina/Chael/Belfort fiasco

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Jones/Hendo/Machina/Chael/Belfort fiasco

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Whatta mess!!

Who do you blame (if anyone)?

-Should jones have accepted a fight with Chael? here is what Joe Lauzon apprently said about it:

"Not only has this screwed over all the fans that bought tickets, non refundable airfare, took off work, made arrangements, etc... but think of all the fighters. Fighters that put in full camps, flew people in that helped them trains, etc. By the time I am actually fight, I spend close to 20k between corners, flights, expenses, coaches, etc... and then to have the whole show cancelled because ONE guy didn't want to fight. This ONE guy that had trained an entire camp, who was the CHAMP and at the top of his weight class, who was going to fight someone who didn't do the camp, and was fighting UP a weight class.

I have always been a big Jon Jones supporter... but I would be FURIOUS if this happenned to me and I was on the card. To call is scorched earth wouldn't do it justice."

It seems many are dissing Jones for saying no and causing the event to be cancelled. Is he right not to be reckless with his career? Or a coward for not doing his best to adapt to the changes and step up? Keep in Mind Chael would have been moving UP a weight class to do it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Charlie Brenneman‏@SpaniardMMA
@jonnybones u can send my check to PO box 198. EH NJ. Rent is due the first, so preferably by then. Thanks. @ufc

lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 pm

I think dumping all of the responsibility on Jones for the financial aspect is not fair.

Dana White cancelled the event and thus holds all the responsibility of fighters being paid and or losing money. if anyone should be bearing the brunt of cancelling the show it should be zuffa and co as Jon Jones did not cancel the entire event.

zuffa may have lost a few $ if they held the event anyway, but would have gained a ton of respect from the fans

and im not a jones fan at all.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”