Roy Nelson vs. Sergei Kharitonov, ‘Baby Slice’ lightweight debut booked for Bellator 207

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Roy Nelson vs. Sergei Kharitonov, ‘Baby Slice’ lightweight debut booked for Bellator 207

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:49 pm

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Aug 15, 2018

Heavyweights will rule the day at Bellator 207.

A co-main event bout between veterans Roy Nelson (23-15) and Sergei Kharitonov (27-6, 1 NC) has been booked for the Oct. 12 show at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn., MMA Fighting confirmed with officials following an initial report by MMAjunkie.

That bout will be in addition to the previously announced heavyweight headliner between Matt Mitrione and Ryan Bader, which will determine who advances to the finals of the Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix.

Nelson, 42, was last seen dropping a majority decision to Mitrione in an opening round Grand Prix matchup at Bellator 194 in February. “Big Country” has alternated wins and losses in his last six bouts, and has gone 1-1 since coming over from the UFC last year.

Kharitonov will be making his return to the Bellator cage after competing overseas in China and Russia for his last four fights. The 37-year-old’s last bout ended in confusing fashion as he was initially awarded a majority decision over Anton Vyazigin, but it was changed to a no-contest due to the action being cut short when Kharitonov suffered an eye poke early in round two. Prior to that, he had won four straight fights and nine of his last 10.

Officials also confirmed that Kevin Ferguson Jr., a.k.a. “Baby Slice”, the son of famous MMA fighter Kimbo Slice, will make his lightweight debut on Oct. 12 against yet to be determined opponent. Ferguson is 3-1 as a professional and he has been gradually making the move down to 155 pounds. His last two fights, both first-round submission victories, were catchweight affairs, the most recent taking place at 160 pounds.

News of Slice’s lightweight debut was first reported by ESPN.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/15/17696082/roy-nelson-vs-sergei-kharitonov-baby-slice-lightweight-debut-booked-for-bellator-207
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:36 am

Actually a really solid event lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:37 pm

Luigi wrote:Actually a really solid event lol

- A great event!
Hope that deliverys!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:50 pm

is it?

why doesn't the logic that fans apply to UFC events get applied to Bellator ones? :evil:

Nelson vs Sergei + Bader vs Mitrione and then...? Ward vs Fialho? anyone even know who the second guy is?

the only other announced matchups are from the undercard, so the usual smattering of unknowns and cans

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:26 am

Jehannum wrote:

is it?

why doesn't the logic that fans apply to UFC events get applied to Bellator ones? :evil:

Nelson vs Sergei + Bader vs Mitrione and then...? Ward vs Fialho? anyone even know who the second guy is?

the only other announced matchups are from the undercard, so the usual smattering of unknowns and cans

Bro, they got Baby Slice!

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:04 am

Luigi wrote:Bro, they got Baby Slice!

it takes two to tango

Return to “Super Dojo”