‘MVP’ expects to fight ‘d—khead’ Paul Daley in opening round of Bellator Grand Prix

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

‘MVP’ expects to fight ‘d—khead’ Paul Daley in opening round of Bellator Grand Prix

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Michael ‘Venom’ Page goes in hard on Paul Daley ahead of their anticipated grudge match in the Bellator welterweight Grand Prix.

By Lewis Mckeever @Mckeever89 Aug 2, 2018

A welterweight scrap between top British fighters Michael Page and Paul Daley has been in the works for over two years, and it’s looking like both men will finally get to settle their differences in the upcoming Bellator welterweight Grand Prix, set to kick off on Sep. 29.

Page is still awaiting confirmation of the bout, and hopes to fight his British rival on home soil in the UK, possibly in London, before the end of the year.

“I’m still waiting to get confirmation on everything and I’m not entirely sure yet,” Page told MMANytt this week. “Either way, in my head I’m in the tournament and he’s (Daley) my next opponent. It’s definitely going to be in the UK because it’s something I’ve mentioned. It can’t be in the States because it wouldn’t make any sense at all.

“That fight by itself is going to be one of the most spoken about fights for a while,” he added. “You rarely get two UK fighters that can create this kind of noise. It has to be in the UK and it will be sometime this year. The tournament itself kicks off in September so I’m sure it’s going to be far long after that.”

Page, also known as ‘MVP’, says he hates ‘Semtex’ and called the knockout artist all the names under the sun.

“I hate the guy, I don’t like him at all,” Page said. “I think he’s an absolute p****, d***head, what ever other disrespectful word you want to put in there, just throw it in, I don’t like him. I’ve got zero respect for him and especially the way he’s gone about this. Literally, like I said, when this first all came about I spoke to you about this before, it’s purely because he started badmouthing me, or just being disrespectful.”

After Page takes Daley’s ‘head off’ in the Bellator Grand Prix, the London Shootfighter will drop his rival’s name from the headlines and move on to the next opponent.

“I can’t wait to take his head off,” Page said. “Once I finish him it will be game over. No more talking. He will get zero publicity from me after that.”

The Bellator welterweight Grand Prix kicks off next month, September 29. with a rematch between former champions Douglas Lima and Andrey Koreshkov. The highly anticipated event will take place at the SAP Center in San Jose, California.

Source: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/2/17642490/bellator-mma-news-interview-michael-page-mvp-paul-daley-trash-talk-fight
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”