Weird Submission Finish

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Weird Submission Finish

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 am

Joe Mama wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:
Joe Mama wrote:Yes, I am the announcer :)

I kinda thought you guys already knew this lol

- You got a amazing voice.( No romo of course)

LOL Thanks... Its taken me a good number of years to get even halfway comfortable listening to myself.
Im just glad that I have a fun job in which I get to share it with others as well :)

And yeah, that sub was unreal... You can see where the ref and I are in there trying to figure out what in the fuck just happened (or what to call it) when the other referee (T.C.) called it a reverse boston crab. (And then LOLed cause he made that name up afterwords)

You definitely see things on the amateur circuit that arent nearly as common when they make the transition to the pro circuit.

- We saw the Doink The Clow submission on UFC, i don't know if you noted that i am a pro-wrestling fan, and i love seeing those moves pulled in real fights.
About the voice, we listen our voice diferently than the other peoples, i used to think i got the voice of Bon Jovi, sadly i was wrong.:(
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 am

I used to do the figure 4 on my brother when I was kid... it HURTS!!!!

Always wondered if any of those wrestling moves could ever work in an MMA fight. How hilarious it would be if someone could finish with em

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:27 am

Masato wrote:I used to do the figure 4 on my brother when I was kid... it HURTS!!!!

Always wondered if any of those wrestling moves could ever work in an MMA fight. How hilarious it would be if someone could finish with em

- They are based in real moves, you can see that the wrestlers twinkle( it's the word to little modification?) then a little to avoid hurtin the oponent, like Alberto Delrio avoids puting his leg over the face of the oponent when doing the cross arm-breaker, but several of the submission showed work, of course some of then are just show submissions that does't work in a resisting opponent.

You could've have ruined your brother knees, but he should be pround of you using Rich Flair signature move.:)
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Joe Mama

Postby Joe Mama » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:28 am

Interesting.

I heard from the fighter who finished the sub (while being mounted) and he said he was using his feet under the guys chin to help extend him and get the tap.

The Doink would be proud.

LOL That takes me back to MY young'n days of wrasslin. I just had a flashback - thanks :D

Return to “Super Dojo”