Gilbert Burns faces Octagon newcomer Dan Moret at UFC on FOX 29

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Gilbert Burns faces Octagon newcomer Dan Moret at UFC on FOX 29

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:50 am

By Guilherme Cruz @guicruzzz Mar 27, 2018

Gilbert Burns has a new opponent for UFC on FOX 29.

The Brazilian jiu-jitsu expert, who was hoping to meet Lando Vannata at the UFC event in Glendale, Ariz., on April 14, will now face Octagon newcomer Dan Moret, multiple sources told MMA Fighting.

Moret (13-3) competed for most of his career as a featherweight under the RFA banner, at one point challenging now fellow UFC fighter Raoni Barcelos for the belt, and is 2-0 with a pair of submissions since moving up to the lightweight division last year.

Burns (12-2) is coming off an impressive knockout win over Jason Saggo in September. “Durinho” was scheduled to face Olivier Aubin-Mercier in February, but was deemed too heavy to cut weight and forced out of the card.

Speaking with MMA Fighting last week, the Brazilian lightweight said he would agree to fight anyone just to compete in April.

“I was getting prepared for a southpaw grappler, and then a orthodox striker,” Burns said. “I train with Kamaru (Usman), Michael Chandler, Michael Johnson and many other monsters. I’m ready and I want to fight, it doesn’t matter against who.”

UFC on FOX 29 will take place at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, and features Justin Gaethje vs. Dustin Poirier in the main event.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/27/17167512/gilbert-burns-faces-octagon-newcomer-dan-moret-ufc-on-fox-29-glendale
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”