Calling all you FREAKS again!! UFC Fans unite

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
GDCMMA.com

Calling all you FREAKS again!! UFC Fans unite

Postby GDCMMA.com » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:44 am

The last time I posted something we got a few responses and added 2 dudes to the team. We have a successful business that deals mainly with MMA. The one side of things we haven't focused enough on is the Web presence and social media. We have been so focused on building the business through our live events. LOOKING FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN BLOGGING,VLOGGING,contributing anything UFC/mma related to our site. Looking to do some original things and become even more of a presence. GDCMMA works with and alongside Masato as he has been with us as a casual contributer since the very beginning and I can brag to the effect of saying the masked man is a good personal friend and I am honored to know. Please reach out to us if you feel you could add to the team in ANY capacity. Hit us up via [email protected] or @GarrettXianMMA @Gdcmma

*we aren't offering any cash for contributions at this time, just looking to keep building a solid team of mma freaks and takeover the world.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:04 am

Hey GDCMMA!

Check out these dudes' site I just stumbled into yesterday:

http://verbaltapcast.com/
http://verbaltap.buzzsprout.com/

VERY funny, a unique group of guys from all over that come together online to do podcasts.

What GDC is doing on the local scene is very unique - if you want to grow, you definitely have some special seeds planted. Doing real events and getting involved with local fighters/clubs is super cool imo - but getting the online presence is HARD, there are just so many sites out there pumping out the same content 24/7, it is really difficult to compete with.. why go to some small site when you can browse the UG and get every fucking story in like 5 min? In my experience, to get big online is to spend like 5 hours a day on various forums, making connections with other well-known online personalities, hitting the right tweets, etc etc - its EXHAUSTING lol

I gave up a while ago, its just not fun. I found a few places I like and that's it for me. I just want to be creative, not turn the Masato Toys brand into some social media machine.

Posting the regular articles/news etc imo is also just not enough, - UNIQUE CONTENT is where its at.

There is this facebook page called Tap, Nap, Snap that approached me a while ago, they have somehow managed to get a whole bunch of top MMA Creatives on board like FlyWin etc... and are growing phenomenally fast. I don't really understand their business model yet, it seems they are just using other people's talents to pump their own site (was scheduled to have a chat with the owner at his request but he pulled a no-show lol). Nevertheless, they do work hard and keep a steady flow of good content. Best MMA Facebook page I've found yet, but no fukin way 1 person can compete with that. I try to post something here, on my FB/Twitter at least once a day but even that is a huge time killer and hard to do. TEAMWORK is where its at, that's why I made this New F7 Crew idea, so people can team up and grow beyond 1 man's limits.

What do you think about making a GDC/Masato Toys podcast? I'm sure there are a few people here on the forum who would be a great part of it - Joe Mama comes to mind, the dude is very talented and has a great voice.

The trick is to find a unique angle/style, somethin fresh.

I wonder if a little blog or vlog about all your various adventures doing GDC events would be a hit? - you could cover all the different ring girls you hire (lol - dude is good at this), do little snippets of the BWW events, talk with the fighters you get etc. You have enough stuff to make a weekly vlog imo, and it is interesting.

If you did this I would plug the shit out of it lol

Lets grow together man! We have some loyal posters here who are also going places (EOW, Empty Emp, Jo Mama). If we call pull all this great talent together we could be STRONG.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:08 am

btw, FUCK that izms shite you gave me, lol

glenrod

Postby glenrod » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:45 pm

I am an admin for the PRIDE FC Facebook page, I have been doing the occasional write ups on there for over a year now and I wanted to expand on my writings. I would be interested in contributing anything PRIDE or vale tudo related if that is any use to you

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:43 pm

- I still can't form a coerent sentence.
But i wish you guys good lucky.

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:44 am

Actually, Edge - it might be very interesting to have a Brasilian contact. You could send some goods about your scene in Florianopolis, tell us about the clubs, local or upcoming fighters etc.

GDCMMA is doing well becoming part of the grassroots scene, sometimes its fun to take the focus off the pros and see what a real MMA/BJJ scene is like at the community levels

Return to “Super Dojo”