Benson Henderson vs. returning Roger Huerta set for Bellator 196

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Benson Henderson vs. returning Roger Huerta set for Bellator 196

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:11 pm

By Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Mar 12, 2018

It’s not the original, announced main event. But MMA fans in Hungary will be getting a special treat next month.

Benson Henderson will meet the returning Roger Huerta in the headliner of Bellator 196 on April 6 in Budapest, MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani reported on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. James Gallagher, who was supposed to headline the card against Adam Borics, had to withdraw due to a hand injury and the bout was scrapped. Borics will remain on the card.

Henderson (24-8) has not fought since falling to Patricky Freire by split decision at Bellator 183 back in September. The former UFC lightweight champion has lost two straight, including a split decision loss to former Bellator champ Michael Chandler. Henderson, 34, was once the best 155-pound fighter on the planet and is looking to rebound from a 1-3 stretch in his current promotion.

Huerta (24-9-1, 1 NC) has not fought in the United States since 2011. At one point, the Texas native was one of the biggest up-and-coming stars in all of MMA — the first UFC fighter to ever grace the cover of Sports Illustrated. Huerta, 34, went to Bellator from the UFC in 2010 and has most recently fought for ONE Championship and Phoenix FC.

After a four-fight losing stretch from from 2010 to 2012, Huerta has won three of five and two straight. Most recently, “El Matador” beat Ultimate Fighter alum Haydar Hassan by disqualification due to illegal elbows in December at Phoenix FC 4 in Dubai.

Bellator 196 will take place at Budapest Sports Arena. It is the second event the promotion has held in Budapest. Also on the card, top kickboxer Denise Kielholtz will take on Lena Ovchynnnikova.

Source:https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/12/17111290/benson-henderson-vs-returning-roger-huerta-set-for-bellator-196
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 am

Was meh
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:51 pm

- Benson is one of my man crushes!:(
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”