Alistair Overeem vs. Curtis Blaydes official for UFC 225 in Chicago

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Alistair Overeem vs. Curtis Blaydes official for UFC 225 in Chicago

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:18 pm

By Marc Raimondi @marc_raimondi Mar 7, 2018

The Second City is getting a first-rate heavyweight matchup.

Alistair Overeem will meet Curtis Blaydes at UFC 225 on June 9 in Chicago, the UFC officially announced Wednesday. BJPenn.com first reported the news.

Overeem (43-16, 1 NC), long one of the top big men in the sport, is coming off a knockout loss to Francis Ngannou at UFC 218 in December. Had the Netherlands native won that bout, he would have been in line for a title rematch with Stipe Miocic. Overeem, 37, was on a two-fight win streak and had won six of his last seven fights before that KO defeat.

Blaydes (9-1, 1 NC), meanwhile, is coming off the biggest win of his career, a unanimous decision victory over Mark Hunt at UFC 221 last month in Australia. The Chicago native called to fight next in his hometown after that huge “W” against a top name and he’s getting it. Blaydes, 27, is unbeaten in his last five fights and he would have five straight wins if not for a positive marijuana test that overturned one victory into a no contest.

UFC 225 does not yet have an announced main event. The card will feature a top strawweight bout between former champion Carla Esparza and Claudia Gadelha and a key flyweight fight between the returning Joseph Benavidez and Sergio Pettis.

The UFC is also discussing a bout between former WWE star CM Punk against Mike Jackson in Punk’s hometown of Chicago

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/7/17093630/alistair-overeem-vs-curtis-blaydes-official-for-ufc-225-in-chicago
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”