Cool wrestler I found on wiki today

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Cool wrestler I found on wiki today

Postby Luigi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:56 am

This guy is an Estonian named Kristjan Palusalu who won gold medals in both freestyle and greco-roman wrestling at the olympics the same year. It was 1936, the Hitler olympics. Nobody has ever replicated this feat. In the 60s a German guy won gold in one style and silver in another, and a few years ago a Dagestani (Makhov, who wants to do MMA) won gold in freestyle and bronze in Greco. I couldnt find any video of him actually wrestling, but here is a video of him returning to Estonia with the other athletes after winning:

He also had a crazy story as part of WW2. In world war 2 Estonia was invaded by the Soviet Union. The soldiers captured Kristjan and deported him to a labor camp in northern Russia. He was then given a chance to fight in the Soviet army on the Finnish front, but he defected to the Finnish army. He then returned to Estonia, which had been wrested from the Soviets by the Germans. However, when the Soviets counterattack reached Estonia he was captured by Soviets again. What a life and what a legend!

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:12 pm

I like to read the histories of fighters from the past. Dont know why they dont do a movie about it. They where physical speciments.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”