PFL signs distribution deal with NBC Sports, Facebook

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

PFL signs distribution deal with NBC Sports, Facebook

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:56 pm

By MMA Fighting Newswire Jan 29, 2018

Following a quiet 2017, the Professional Fighters League is looking to come back in a big way.

On Monday, officials announced that the PFL has signed an exclusive multi-platform distribution agreement with NBC Sports Group and Facebook. According to the release, this will allow PFL events to reach “approximately 300 million MMA fans worldwide” via their television and various streaming devices.

It was also announced that former NFL and Under Armour executive Peter Murray has been named the Chief Executive Officer for the PFL.

Last year saw the PFL hold just three small shows in Florida, Washington, and Washington, D.C. It was a transitional period for the promotion that was formerly known as the World Series of Fighting before re-branding last April. The WSOF had a previous broadcasting relationship with NBC Sports, and the Florida and Washington shows aired live on that network.

For 2018, the promotion is promising that they will introduce their previously promised “major mixed martial arts league” format that will include a regular season starting on June 7, followed by playoffs and a championship round that will conclude on Dec. 31. Season 1 is set to feature 72 athletes divided in six different weight classes, all competing for a title and a $1 million prize.

The playoffs will start in October and feature a “win-or-go-home elimination format”, culminating with six championship bouts on New Year’s Eve.

Events will air on Thursdays on NBC Sports, NBCSports.com, and the NBC Sports app, as well as on Facebook Watch.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/29/16945582/pfl-signs-distribution-deal-with-nbc-sports-facebook
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”