Michael Chandler, champ Brent Primus to rematch for Bellator title April 13

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Chandler, champ Brent Primus to rematch for Bellator title April 13

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:38 pm

By: Steven Marrocco | January 26, 2018

At long last, a rematch between current Bellator lightweight champ Brent Primus and ex-champ Michael Chandler is scheduled.

Bellator President Scott Coker told MMAjunkie the fight is set for April 13 at The Family Arena in St. Charles, Mo., confirming an initial report from MMAFighting.com. The event, which airs live on Paramount, is not yet officially numbered.

The venue certainly gives Chandler (17-4 MMA, 14-4 BMMA) homefield advantage over Primus (8-0 MMA, 6-0 BMMA), with the fight taking place a short drive from his native High Ridge, Miss.

Following a dominant win this past Saturday over Goiti Yamauchi (22-4 MMA, 8-3 BMMA) at Bellator 192, Chandler said he had a bad taste in his mouth after a rematch with Primus was scuttled due to the champ’s personal life; Primus took time off to welcome the birth of his child. The ex-champ welcomed bouts against featherweight champ Patricio “Pitbull” Freire and Paul Daley, but ultimately left the decision up to Bellator.

Primus gets a chance to prove a win over Chandler at Bellator 180 wasn’t a fluke. The pair’s first bout met a bizarre ending when Chandler injured his ankle and was ruled out of the fight by cageside doctors.

As a professional, Primus remains undefeated and could solidify his status as Bellator’s best at 155 pounds. Chandler will try to take back the belt he’s twice held.

Source: http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/brent-primus-vs-michael-chandler-bellator-title-rematch-booked-april-13
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”