Former champ Liam McGeary vs. Vadim Nemkov scheduled for Bellator 194

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Former champ Liam McGeary vs. Vadim Nemkov scheduled for Bellator 194

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:20 am

By Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Jan 25, 2018

A former Bellator champion will look to climb back into the win column next month.

Ex-light Bellator heavyweight titleholder Liam McGeary has been scheduled to face Russian up-and-comer Vadim Nemkov on Feb. 16 in Uncasville, Connecticut at Bellator 194. Bellator officials confirmed the news with MMA Fighting on Thursday following an initial report by Russian outlet Tass.

McGeary (12-2) has lost two of his last three fights, suffering wrestle-heavy defeats to Phil Davis and Linton Vassell after starting his career a perfect 11-0. Prior to those setbacks, the 35-year-old Englishman was well on his way to establishing himself as one of Bellator’s brightest homegrown stars, capturing the 205-pound title in 2015 with a decision win over Emanuel Newton then defending his strap with a first-round submission over UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz.

McGeary suffered a third-round submission loss to Vassell in his most recent outing last May. He was then scheduled to compete at Bellator 185 but was ultimately forced to withdraw from the card due to injury.

Now he returns against Nemkov (8-2), a 25-year-old who impressed with a first-round TKO win over Philipe Lins in his Bellator debut. The Russian prospect has ended all eight of his professional wins via stoppage, and previously competed four times under the RIZIN FF banner, winning a pair of fights via first-round knockout.

Bellator 194 takes place at the Mohegan Sun Arena. The event is headlined by a heavyweight grand prix quarterfinal matchup between Matt Mitrione and Roy Nelson.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/25/16934048/former-champ-liam-mcgeary-vs-vadim-nemkov-scheduled-for-bellator-194
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”