John Donaher on JRE

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
evil-kungfool

Re: John Donaher on JRE

Postby evil-kungfool » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:55 am

The Berimbolo age has come to an end. Welcome to the age of the 'Inside Sankaku' or whatever they're calling it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Its all beyond my level anyways, lol I will stick to my game for now

We have a few leglock fanatics at our club too, always playing with this stuff super interesting.

Will finish the podcast today

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:24 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:The Berimbolo age has come to an end. Welcome to the age of the 'Inside Sankaku' or whatever they're calling it.

How would a leglock age make Berimbolos obsolete? Maybe the answer is beyond my technical understanding... not sure how they would relate in this way

I am just starting to play with Bolos :D don't tell me I'm wasting my time lol

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Sorry to be obtuse. That's not what I mean.

About 5 years ago the Berimobolo first showed up, and the guys who were playing Reverse DLR and doing Leg-Drags (think Mendes, Miyao and imitators) were absolutely dominating the BJJ scene.

For the first year or two, anyone with a half-decent Berimbolo had an impassible guard and was getting competition wins. It took about 2 years for the counters to be developed and about 4 competition to adapt. Now all-top level guys can shut down a Berimbolo game. Hence the End of an Age.

Now we're about 1/2 into the cycle of the 'Cross Ashi-Garami' / 'Honey-Hole' whatever you want to call it Era. Its popularity just hit it's peak with ADCC 2017 and this JRE - Danaher Podcast. Now we just sit back and watch everyone and their mom try the system out, the competition adapt, and within a few years, this Leglock system will just become another part of Jiujitsu.

You Masato, don't have to change anything.
Just learn enough about this to know what you're looking at when you see it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Yeah my coach is all about the bolo, DLR's and impassable guards (Cobrinha) :D

Wonder what he thinks of this leglock system

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:07 am

Fuck your berimbolos
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:56 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:Sorry to be obtuse. That's not what I mean.

About 5 years ago the Berimobolo first showed up, and the guys who were playing Reverse DLR and doing Leg-Drags (think Mendes, Miyao and imitators) were absolutely dominating the BJJ scene.

For the first year or two, anyone with a half-decent Berimbolo had an impassible guard and was getting competition wins. It took about 2 years for the counters to be developed and about 4 competition to adapt. Now all-top level guys can shut down a Berimbolo game. Hence the End of an Age.

Now we're about 1/2 into the cycle of the 'Cross Ashi-Garami' / 'Honey-Hole' whatever you want to call it Era. Its popularity just hit it's peak with ADCC 2017 and this JRE - Danaher Podcast. Now we just sit back and watch everyone and their mom try the system out, the competition adapt, and within a few years, this Leglock system will just become another part of Jiujitsu.

You Masato, don't have to change anything.
Just learn enough about this to know what you're looking at when you see it.
This post right here proves that Kungfool is no EY alt. :D

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:05 am

This was a year back.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:07 am

^Ayrshire if you can find that full video it's prime-time material for a breakdown.

:o That moment @2:00 where the Super Mega Death Squad Inside Sankaku 10000 position gets reversed into a back-take :o

Return to “Super Dojo”