Fight calendar and discussion

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Re: Fight calendar and discussion

Postby Luigi » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Great night of fights last night! Stipe showing why hes the baddest man on the planet, DC retaining, Rory overcoming adversity to win the Bellator title, Sonnen vs Rampage. Great night. Next week is Jacare vs Brunson.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Luigi wrote:Great night of fights last night! Stipe showing why hes the baddest man on the planet, DC retaining, Rory overcoming adversity to win the Bellator title, Sonnen vs Rampage. Great night. Next week is Jacare vs Brunson.

- Great night indeed!
Surprised with Chael win thought!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 am

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:54 pm

The next 3 weeks are jam packed full of fights and there are solid fights every week until April. Wooooh!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Luigi wrote:The next 3 weeks are jam packed full of fights and there are solid fights every week until April. Wooooh!

- Royal Rumble this weekend!

2018 WWE Royal Rumble matches Men's Royal Rumble: The 30-man, over-the-top-rope affair for a No. 1 contendership to a world title will go down as usual. It will likely serve as the main event of the show. Entrants (12/30): John Cena, Finn Balor, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Elias, Baron Corbin, Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt, Aiden English, Rusev, Titus O'Neil, Apollo Crews

Women's Royal Rumble: For the first time, WWE will hold a women's rumble. It was announced Monday night that the event will include 30 participants just like the men's match. Entrants (18/30): Asuka, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, Bayley, Naomi, Natalya, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, Mickie James, Tamina Snuka, Lana, Carmella, Becky Lynch, Dana Brooke, Alicia Fox

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane: This match was formally made on Raw, and though it appears to be a mess of a booking, getting Lesnar and Strowman together in the ring is not normally a bad thing.

- First time that Lesnar will face the legendary Kane!

WWE Championship -- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (Handicap Match): Styles will defend against the team of Owens and Zayn in a match made by general manager Daniel Bryan, who took Styles' sarcastic suggestion that he fight the best friends seriously. Once again, this match will likely wind up being background fodder for the continued rivalry between the partial Bryan and hothead commissioner Shane McMahon.

Raw Tag Team Championship -- Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan (c) vs. The Bar: Sheamus & Cesaro finally get their title rematch at the Royal Rumble, though the Rollins/Jordan team looks to be together for a while and likely needs the championship in order for their program to make sense.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin (2-of-3 Falls Match): The rematch to the rematch, this one should be the end of the feud (if The Usos retain) or just the start should we get new champions at the show.

- The Usos are great. That match will be stellar.

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/2018-wwe-royal-rumble-matches-card-date-predictions-rumors-location/

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Full Card & Start Time For NJPW New Beginning In Sapporo (1/27)

New Japan Pro Wrestling begins their annual New Beginning tour tonight in Sapporo, and all the stars of NJPW will be in action. The show will be headlined by Hiroshi Tanahashi defending his IWGP Intercontinental Championship against Minoru Suzuki in a Wrestle Kingdom VI rematch. The NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship is also set to be defended.

The show will be broadcast LIVE on NJPWWorld.com at 4am EST. WrestleZone will be providing live coverage.

Katsuya Kitamura Best of Seven Series Match 2: Katsuya Kitamura (0-1) vs. Michael Elgin
Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku, El Desperado, Taichi, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Takashi Iizuka) vs. KUSHIDA, Tiger Mask, Jushin “Thunder” Liger, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima*
CHAOS (Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii) vs. Bullet Club (Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi)
NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship: Champions Bullet Club (Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Bad Luck Fale) vs. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, Toa Henare & Togi Makabe)
Bullet Club (Marty Scurll, Hangman Page & Cody) vs. David Finlay, Juice Robinson & Kota Ibushi
CHAOS (Will Ospreay & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Hiromu Takahashi & Tetsuya Naito)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Gedo) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL & SANADA)
IWGP Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship: Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki

*Satoshi Kojima is injured and will be replaced.

Read more athttp://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/918457-full-card-start-time-for-njpw-new-beginning-in-sapporo-127#5WSoHJavYmReiDFZ.99

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:23 am

Damn those wrestling matches are awesome. Im pumped!

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:45 pm

ONE FC just put on a caged Muay Thai fight, one of the fighters was retired legend Sam-A

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote:The next 3 weeks are jam packed full of fights and there are solid fights every week until April. Wooooh!

- Royal Rumble this weekend!

2018 WWE Royal Rumble matches Men's Royal Rumble: The 30-man, over-the-top-rope affair for a No. 1 contendership to a world title will go down as usual. It will likely serve as the main event of the show. Entrants (12/30): John Cena, Finn Balor, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Elias, Baron Corbin, Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt, Aiden English, Rusev, Titus O'Neil, Apollo Crews

Women's Royal Rumble: For the first time, WWE will hold a women's rumble. It was announced Monday night that the event will include 30 participants just like the men's match. Entrants (18/30): Asuka, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, Bayley, Naomi, Natalya, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, Mickie James, Tamina Snuka, Lana, Carmella, Becky Lynch, Dana Brooke, Alicia Fox

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane: This match was formally made on Raw, and though it appears to be a mess of a booking, getting Lesnar and Strowman together in the ring is not normally a bad thing.

- First time that Lesnar will face the legendary Kane!

WWE Championship -- AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (Handicap Match): Styles will defend against the team of Owens and Zayn in a match made by general manager Daniel Bryan, who took Styles' sarcastic suggestion that he fight the best friends seriously. Once again, this match will likely wind up being background fodder for the continued rivalry between the partial Bryan and hothead commissioner Shane McMahon.

Raw Tag Team Championship -- Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan (c) vs. The Bar: Sheamus & Cesaro finally get their title rematch at the Royal Rumble, though the Rollins/Jordan team looks to be together for a while and likely needs the championship in order for their program to make sense.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Usos (c) vs. Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin (2-of-3 Falls Match): The rematch to the rematch, this one should be the end of the feud (if The Usos retain) or just the start should we get new champions at the show.

- The Usos are great. That match will be stellar.

Source: https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/2018-wwe-royal-rumble-matches-card-date-predictions-rumors-location/

when did wrestling stop using character names? Back when I watched wrestling, everyone had a character name like a superhero name... not their real names. Now everyone just seems to be using real names.

Was this a gradual thing? or was there some point where it suddenly flipped? What do you think of this as a fan? Is it more fun, or do you miss those oldschool characters?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Luigi wrote:ONE FC just put on a caged Muay Thai fight, one of the fighters was retired legend Sam-A

Wow, Schiavello comparing Sam-A to Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Maradonna... Is he really that legendary? I have never heard of him before but then again never followed Muay Thai.

Schiavello is pumped, lol I am gonna watch the fight now. Suddenly a lot more interesting now that I know he has this sort of status

You guys post some cool stuff, I don't follow striking arts at all but totally should, lol Its so scary

Return to “Super Dojo”