Fight calendar and discussion

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Re: Fight calendar and discussion

Postby Luigi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote: Yup, they call him Clenelo as a joke lol Most people suspect he will do better this time though even if clean, simply because he is still in his prime and GGG is aging.

- How manny matches GGG has had?
I think Canelo will fare worst because thespot lights are on him. He will be more cautious with his nutrutional regiment!

39 pro fights, but probably over 100 amateur fights before that.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/356831

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm

Luigi wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:
Luigi wrote: Yup, they call him Clenelo as a joke lol Most people suspect he will do better this time though even if clean, simply because he is still in his prime and GGG is aging.

- How manny matches GGG has had?
I think Canelo will fare worst because thespot lights are on him. He will be more cautious with his nutrutional regiment!

39 pro fights, but probably over 100 amateur fights before that.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/356831

-Thats is a lot! :o
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:20 am

I wanted to write something just to reflect on the state of the new K-1. Not long ago they disapointed fans by announcing a lackluster 90KG tournament to crown a new champion. We expected it was because their next event would be awesome. Well now it seems thats not true either after they announced a good but not great 65kg tournament. At this point I'm sad to say K-1 has basically become the Takeru show to me. To be fair the 67.5KG class has just been reinvigorated with awesome fighters moving up to it, but its an obscure weight that no other promotion uses. The truth is that K-1 is not far away from becoming a B league organization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:39 am

Luigi wrote:I wanted to write something just to reflect on the state of the new K-1. Not long ago they disapointed fans by announcing a lackluster 90KG tournament to crown a new champion. We expected it was because their next event would be awesome. Well now it seems thats not true either after they announced a good but not great 65kg tournament. At this point I'm sad to say K-1 has basically become the Takeru show to me. To be fair the 67.5KG class has just been reinvigorated with awesome fighters moving up to it, but its an obscure weight that no other promotion uses. The truth is that K-1 is not far away from becoming a B league organization.

- K1 used to be so great. They even had another tournaments with rules named toward K1. But they lost their touch somewhere! :(

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker booked for UFC on FOX 31

By Peter Carroll @PetesyCarroll Sep 5, 2018

Daniel Hooker has been granted his wish of a top tier opponent as he is set to face sixth-ranked Edson Barboza at UFC Milwaukee on Dec. 15.

The New Zealand Herald first reported the news Wednesday after confirming the lightweight clash with the UFC.

Barboza (19-6-0) is coming off two one-sided losses. Kevin Lee finished him in the fifth round of their main event clash at UFC Atlantic City. He went into the New Jersey bout coming off a loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov, who dominated him over five rounds in the co-main event of UFC 219.

The Brazilian is known for his dynamic kicking arsenal, best displayed in his wheel-kick knockout of Terry Etim at UFC 142. He boasts notable wins over former UFC lightweight champion, Anthony Pettis, and former title challenger, Gilbert Melendez.

“Junior” has amassed a record of 13-6 since signing for the promotion in 2010.

Hooker (17-7-0) has been in sensational form since moving to lightweight, claiming four stoppage wins in as many outings in the bracket. The Kiwi almost seemed disappointed with his first-round knockout of Gilbert Burns at UFC 226, insisting that he wanted more of a challenge in his post-fight scrum.

“The Hangman” went 3-3 as a UFC featherweight before taking the advice of City Kickboxing head coach, Eugene Bareman, and moving up to lightweight. He debuted in the weight class with a vicious knee KO of Ross Pearson, followed by a submission win over highly touted Brit, Marc Diakiese. Just before he met Burns, Hooker claimed a first-round knockout over veteran campaigner Jim Miller.

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/5/17822414/edson-barboza-vs-dan-hooker-booked-for-ufc-on-fox-31

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Fights I can't miss (but have a terrible habit of forgetting the dates):

Conor vs Khabib: Oct 6
Fedor vs Sonnen: Oct 13

Back to back events y'all!

Canuckster you down to go watch either or both of these? PPV at home? Or wings and waitresses?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:46 pm

5 Phenomenal Accomplishments Of AJ Styles

Much before his WWE run, AJ Styles was already regarded as one of the best wrestlers in the world. His successful run with New Japan Pro Wrestling only cemented the fact that he was the best wrestler in the world who wasn’t in WWE.

As it turned out, it was all a matter of timing and The Phenomenal One finally made the jump over to WWE. An instant hit, his first two years in WWE saw him earn two world titles and two United States championships. However, gold, success, and accomplishments are nothing new to Styles. Everywhere he’s gone, he’s made an impact and proved why he’s considered the best.

While he has many unique accomplishments to his name, these five undoubtedly stand out from the rest.

5.) Only superstar to win the TNA, IWGP & WWE Heavyweight Championships

When we said that championship gold was nothing new to AJ Styles, we weren’t kidding. Everywhere he’s gone, with the exception of Ring Of Honor, Styles has been world champion. In 2009, Styles would become TNA World Heavyweight Champion. In 2014 in his NJPW in-ring debut, Styles defeated Kazuchika Okada to become the sixth foreign IWGP Heavyweight Champion.

In what many consider unexpected, Styles won the WWE Championship less than nine months of his WWE debut, making him the sixth fastest world champion in WWE history. It’s no surprise that every company he’s in wants to build around him.

4.) First TNA Triple Crown Champion

Styles being one of TNA’s earliest stars also happened to be the first one to complete the triple crown. Just for clarification, the triple crown back then consisted of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, the NWA Tag Team Championship, and the then-newly created X-Division Championship.

Styles won all three in the span of a year. He won the tag titles with Jerry Lynn in 2002, became the inaugural X-division champion that same year and topped it all off by capturing the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in 2003. He would go on to repeat this feat a whopping four times and became the only superstar to win all possible male championships.

3.) First WWE superstar to win a world title outside of North America

When AJ Styles won the WWE Championship for the second time in a magical night in Manchester, he achieved a unique feat. He would become the first and only superstar to ever capture a WWE World title outside of North America.

While new world champions have been crowned in countries such as Canada and Puerto Rico, Styles is likely going to hold on to this record for a while to come. This wouldn’t be the only record he would create during this world title reign…

2.) Longest reigning WWE Champion in SmackDown history

When JBL lost the WWE Championship to John Cena at WrestleMania 21, he ended his run as the longest reigning WWE Champion in the history of SmackDown. It would take a full 13 years for this record to be broken and by none other than AJ Styles himself.

With many fans considering Styles to be “Mr SmackDown” of the modern era, it was on August 15th, 2018 that Styles broke the record. JBL endorsed Styles stating that he couldn’t have been prouder of him, calling him a “world class individual and athlete”.

1.) The Elite 3 and 7

AJ Styles belongs to an elite seven and elite three. The Elite 7 record involves him being one of only seven non-Japanese wrestlers to hold the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

The elite 3 is a more unique one. Styles is only one of three wrestlers to hold both the NWA World Championship and the WWE World Championship. Who is he accompanied by? None other than the two Nature Boys – Buddy Rogers and Ric Flair.

It’s no surprise that Styles is part of such an elite group. As mentioned, everywhere he’s gone, he’s proven why he’s true world championship material and every company has put full trust in him and given the ball to run with. The cream always rises to the top, and Styles has proven it time and again. With these five accomplishments being only five of many, Styles will not only go down as arguably the greatest of this generation but one of the greatest of all time.

Is it any wonder that WWE constantly refers to Styles as the best in-ring performer of this generation and this generation’s Shawn Michaels?

Read more at http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/legends/991231-5-phenomenal-accomplishments-of-aj-styles/6#iRhfkvmzhXSQALxe.99

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Just curious why you speak of winning wrestling titles as if it's actually something competitive ?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:03 am

Canuckster wrote:Just curious why you speak of winning wrestling titles as if it's actually something competitive ?

- Its a athletic exhibition. The criteria and rules are subjective like other sports.Its a more violent ballet.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Woken Matt Hardy Announces Retirement, Says It’s ‘Time To Go Home’

Matt Hardy posted a video on his Youtube account thanking the WWE for letting him see out all his prior advertised commitments and thanked his fans for supporting him for the past 26 years before announcing that Woken Matt Hardy is most likely done with pro wrestling.

When the interviewer asked him what’s next, he said that he has a wife and two young kids waiting for him and that it’s time to go home.

You can see the video below:

Read more at http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/ne ... VMWT2kq.99

- Matt had a great career!

Return to “Super Dojo”