Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Wasn't chiro proven to be a scam? You should give Master Tong at the Hong Luck club in Chinatown a visit. My friend Ali swears by him. He'll fix u up with some bonesetting and magic potion #9.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

- Not if he feels better and other people feel too.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Canuckster wrote:It's dislocated not broken

One of my ribs popped (common in jits) causing the collarbone to go with it, chiro adjusted it and it's way better. Still soft tissue inflammation.

Pain Has to be pretty bad for me not to get on the mats. At my age something always hurts

- Go to a anti-age clinic and get that fixed!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Jiu jitsu is anti aging
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:49 pm

I've got a really good chiro and no its not a scam.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:59 am

Diet Butcher wrote:So this is very similar to my passing game. Like when you start sparring and the other guy sits there to play guard, I would just dive in for a bodylock and work the pass.

Try this out.

I'm top-heavy and have always been good at these kind of passes, but this video helped me put it all together. This is working for me against Browns, and you can see in another video it worked for Murillo to pass Keenan's impossible guard.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 am

evil-kungfool wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:So this is very similar to my passing game. Like when you start sparring and the other guy sits there to play guard, I would just dive in for a bodylock and work the pass.

Try this out.

I'm top-heavy and have always been good at these kind of passes, but this video helped me put it all together. This is working for me against Browns, and you can see in another video it worked for Murillo to pass Keenan's impossible guard.
I like it. I like it a lot. Will try it out tonight!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:12 am

Rolled with a couple first day White Belts today. Big guys, one was a Wrestler and the other was Krav Maga. Haven't sparred with absolute newbies for a while and it was a fun reminder. It's almost always the same thing. Rapid energy dump. Heart-Rate through the roof. I hold them steady for a few seconds so no one gets hurt, sweep them, then they tap immediately from my gentle, hands-off side-control.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:01 am

Diet Butcher wrote:I like it. I like it a lot. Will try it out tonight!

This has been a game-changer for me. Almost passed a 250lb BB's guard by just being confident and sticking to this game.

Like I said, I have many years of practice at the over-under pass, not because I liked it, just because I'm big and I end up there often.
This way Murillo combines Double-Unders and Tripoding with the Over-Under is next-gen 'Stack Passing'.
Really, it's how the Stacking Pass should have been taught all along.

It puts something people thought was dated and crummy back up there with the modern 'cutting-edge' passing games like the Leg-Drag, X-Pass and Knee-Slice. It has all of the same abilities as the other styles like being mobile on the feet, being able to switch directions easily, having a way to stop mid-way and flatten your opponents hips, a way to press the far-shoulder onto the mat.
Actually all of those passing games are themselves evolutions of more simple passes people used to do, that stopped working in high-level comp.

The wheel keeps on turning.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm

so, the only Nova Uniao black belt in HK came by to teach tonight. Leandro Naja. He brought 2 of his blue belts with him. Both Brazilian. His blues crushed our blues in sparring. Except for me. I played a tight game and was able to shut down most of their offense. I think I might have won on points. Feels pretty good being an old fuck in there against the young lions.

And yes, I used that stacking pass a lot :)

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:24 pm

- Average day of training.

Return to “Super Dojo”