Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:38 pm

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:03 pm

^^ he didn't talk much about Aikido

Some good wisdom there on the value of Martial Arts in general, BJJ Aikido etc

I am currently nursing a leg injury, I pulled something about 2 weeks ago, feels like a ligament not a muscle. Its healing though, got some light rolls in already but always sore after I'm gonna lighten up a bit longer

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm

- Very cool vídeo:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:04 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Very cool vídeo:

I showed this to my brother, he knows this dude!

Trained with him a few times. His dad is friends with my brothers old sensei or something like that.

Pretty cool. My brother agreed the dude is a badass

Supposedly the dude knows some bjj too and mixes some techniques well like in the vid. Some cool flying armbar stuff in there

Thanks Edge

My training is shite these days. Injured leg + out of town I haven’t trained in 2-3 weeks. I’m the fattest I’ve ever been my whole life today lol. Looking forward to getting back in the game soon

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:16 am

I hear ya, been too busy for gym as well,
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:22 pm

- I also took two weeks without training!
Got food poisoning(intoxication is the same as poisoning?)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:-
Got food poisoning(intoxication is the same as poisoning?)

Ummmm no
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Got the results of the Ultrasound:

Some tears/damage done to the ligaments/tendons/muscles in my adductors. :( :( :(

I need to go back for more specialized ultrasounds to find exactly how bad the damage is, and likely will have to wait for MRI. Looks like I'll be out of BJJ for a few months, possibly might even need surgery to re-attach stuff which could potentially be even longer.

I'm super low about it. Went to the club yesterday to pick up my son and it was like meeting an ex you're still in love with, lol heartbreak

Honestly I don't know what to do, BJJ is what kept me healthy and motivated to stay fit, eat well etc. Without it I don't know how to stop from just getting all lazy and gaining weight. I'll have to find a substitute but really, what is more fun than jiu jitsu??

Man this really sucks.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat May 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Masato wrote:
Honestly I don't know what to do, BJJ is what kept me healthy and motivated to stay fit, eat well etc. Without it I don't know how to stop from just getting all lazy and gaining weight. I'll have to find a substitute but really, what is more fun than jiu jitsu??

Man this really sucks.

I hear ya man. BJJ. A few years back, before I got back into BJJ, I was kinda depressed and really wanted to move back to Toronto. But wife was against it so it would have been eventual divorce. But then BJJ found me again, and I'm OK with life here now. If I can't roll anymore, I wouldn't know what to do either. Probably just lift weights and do steroids? LOL... jk

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 pm

Masato wrote:Got the results of the Ultrasound:

Some tears/damage done to the ligaments/tendons/muscles in my adductors. :( :( :(

I need to go back for more specialized ultrasounds to find exactly how bad the damage is, and likely will have to wait for MRI. Looks like I'll be out of BJJ for a few months, possibly might even need surgery to re-attach stuff which could potentially be even longer.

I'm super low about it. Went to the club yesterday to pick up my son and it was like meeting an ex you're still in love with, lol heartbreak

Man this really sucks.

Damn

Return to “Super Dojo”