Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Masato wrote:My god - my KNEES. My fucking knees. lol

I don't know why, about 3-4 days ago they just started hurting like hell, my left one keeps giving out just getting in and out of the car etc

I don't remember injuring them, but they're suddenly all fucked up. They have had injuries in the past though, I've put my knees through a lot in life, snowboarding etc

I went last night but couldn't do one of the drills, and was so worried rolling I had to torn everything way down, had to limit myself to very square positions.

Maybe its all this De la Riva guard stuff we're doing, its really hard twisting all the time on the knees.

What can I do? They feel all fragile all of a sudden, it sucks I can't do jitz like this they need to heal!!

- I fear this position! :(
Do you spend to much time sitting?

If you do that, exprend the day sitting and go to training, maybe that's can be the cause, you live in a very cold place. Do you do proper warm-up and mobility training?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:16 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:Do you spend to much time sitting?

If you do that, exprend the day sitting and go to training, maybe that's can be the cause, you live in a very cold place. Do you do proper warm-up and mobility training?

Yes I sit TONS. I work on a computer, all day, for years. Its terrible I know

Its given me some other minor issues but this is the first time I feel anything in the knees from it. When I sit it feels like circulation is getting cut off to my lower legs

You are right I need to create some routine that will help and get on that. Any advice welcome. Also wondering about possible supplements like an oil or something to lubricate the joints.

mmm lubricating joints.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Masato wrote:

Its given me some other minor issues but this is the first time I feel anything in the knees from it. When I sit it feels like circulation is getting cut off to my lower legs

You are right I need to create some routine that will help and get on that. Any advice welcome. Also wondering about possible supplements like an oil or something to lubricate the joints.

mmm lubricating joints.

- You can use glucosamine and chondroitin as joint supplements. Cissus quadrangularis could be a aid too:

t is most frequently used by athletes, and the anecdotes of cissus seem to precede much of the science on the topic. It appears to be a very effective pain killer in rodent studies, but at this moment in time only one preliminary study has been conducted in humans; while it showed promise in athletes who experienced joint pain due to exercise (by reducing overall joint symptoms by about a third) it was still a lone study. More research is needed, but it seems promising as an alterative for joint pain in athletes since most joint health supplements do not have evidence in athletes (rather, most research is in osteoarthritis persons).

https://examine.com/supplements/cissus-quadrangularis/

I always recomend people to get a stationary bike, they usually last a lot, and are cheap, even here. And require little manutention, contrary to treadmills.
You can buy a mini one and put on your office, Do 5 or 10 minutes to every hour sitting.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:13 am

Masato wrote:

mmm lubricating joints.

Image try this maybe?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:51 am

Canuckster wrote:
Masato wrote:

mmm lubricating joints.

Image try this maybe?

How does this work? Is there a bbc option?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:54 am

Masato wrote:

mmm lubricating joints.

Look into Hyaluronic Acid and Soy Isoflavones.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Canuckster wrote:
Masato wrote:

mmm lubricating joints.

Image try this maybe?

How does this work? Is there a bbc option?

There's always a BBC option
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:50 pm

lol thanks Canuckster

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:Maybe its all this De la Riva guard stuff we're doing, its really hard twisting all the time on the knees.

- I fear this position! :(

What do you mean you fear it? Fear doing it, or fear your opponents playing it?

Knees are feeling much better. I must be Wolverine or something, I get old-man pains string but somehow they go away. I haven't missed a class. Next one I think I'll be close to 100%

Guess I won't need that ball after all,

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Some dads there did tell me to take Glutamine or something that sounds like that. Says its good for joints etc

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Masato wrote:Some dads there did tell me to take Glutamine or something that sounds like that. Says its good for joints etc

- It's glucosamine.

Return to “Super Dojo”