Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Canuckster wrote:Go buy a new roll of tape

Is there a certain kind they use?

Can't imagine any ol Shoppers Drug Mart product would suffice...

It feels so wrong to put my own stripe on. Yet so lame to ask coach for a new one, lol

Jiu Jitsu woes :D

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:12 pm

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Go buy a new roll of tape

Is there a certain kind they use?

Can't imagine any ol Shoppers Drug Mart product would suffice...

It feels so wrong to put my own stripe on. Yet so lame to ask coach for a new one, lol

Jiu Jitsu woes :D

-The ones you buy pretty cheap at a farmacy. Just put more that one roll around the place. Like 3 or five laps of tape.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:26 pm

Tapped my coach today with a leg choke from north south. Granted he was recovering from a shoulder injury and tapped due to shoulder pain and not the choke... then proceeded to tap me twice in 2 minutes. I felt pretty good.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:30 pm

- Horrible training today. Total lack of energy!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Had a really weird training last night:

I'd been slacking, super lazy drinking and eating a lot, lazy way out of shape. Last night was Life Drawing night, but I gave it up to go train instead to get back on the wagon.

There was a 1 hour class at 6pm, then 2 hours from 7-9. I was DONE after the first hour, but made the commitment to stay and finish the rest of the night. Sometimes I wondered if I was being stupid and maybe putting myself in danger by pushing too hard, as sometimes I really felt like I was gonna pass out. But I kept going.

A whitebelt kneed me in the head pretty hard, and we did some judo takedowns that were pretty rough.

But I kept going and somehow found this sort of 'zombie-mode', where I was all done but somehow could keep going like a drunken style lol. I grappled efficiently and actually did quite well! I kept getting quality opponents but somehow gave them a good roll, even getting some positions on better players

What was weird was that there seemed no end to my reserve energy tank, I was completely gassed and sweat like 10lbs of water but somehow, I was up for the next rounds and continued to do well.

Even weirder, there were times when I was even closing my eyes, and could somehow 'see' myself and my opponent in my mind's eye very clearly and could suddenly sense weight and framing and balance much better than I usually do!

Very weird. But I'll take it. Sore today but not too bad, going again tomorrow night.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:10 pm

This is the next step padawan, I used to roll with my eyes closed too, freaked people out.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Masato wrote:Had a really weird training last night:

[spoiler]
I'd been slacking, super lazy drinking and eating a lot, lazy way out of shape. Last night was Life Drawing night, but I gave it up to go train instead to get back on the wagon.

There was a 1 hour class at 6pm, then 2 hours from 7-9. I was DONE after the first hour, but made the commitment to stay and finish the rest of the night. Sometimes I wondered if I was being stupid and maybe putting myself in danger by pushing too hard, as sometimes I really felt like I was gonna pass out. But I kept going.

A whitebelt kneed me in the head pretty hard, and we did some judo takedowns that were pretty rough.

But I kept going and somehow found this sort of 'zombie-mode', where I was all done but somehow could keep going like a drunken style lol. I grappled efficiently and actually did quite well! I kept getting quality opponents but somehow gave them a good roll, even getting some positions on better players

What was weird was that there seemed no end to my reserve energy tank, I was completely gassed and sweat like 10lbs of water but somehow, I was up for the next rounds and continued to do well.

Even weirder, there were times when I was even closing my eyes, and could somehow 'see' myself and my opponent in my mind's eye very clearly and could suddenly sense weight and framing and balance much better than I usually do!

Very weird. But I'll take it. Sore today but not too bad, going again tomorrow night.

- Thats is your inner pro-wrestler, Boss. The warrior inside you( No homo of course), when tired and under stress tha frail hippie go to sleep and your brain unleashes the beast that was waiting to go out!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:36 pm

- I never thought about using a kettlebell this way:

Dude got a good channel!

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:44 pm

They put up some Olympic rings at my gym and I was messing around with it for about a week... Tryna do the crucifix and shit. Fucking tennis elbow flared up on both arms. Smfh.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Return to “Super Dojo”