Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Canuckster

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Canuckster » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:so, the only Nova Uniao black belt in HK came by to teach tonight. Leandro Naja. He brought 2 of his blue belts with him. Both Brazilian. His blues crushed our blues in sparring. Except for me. I played a tight game and was able to shut down most of their offense. I think I might have won on points. Feels pretty good being an old fuck in there against the young lions.

And yes, I used that stacking pass a lot :)

If I ever get to your neck of the woods were rolling homie. Same goes for if you ever come back here.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Yeah I'd love to roll with Diet too. Som and Vutu and Edge too

Too bad they all line in China, Thailand, Australia and Brasil. You can't really get much farther away than that lol

Wife wants to take me to South Brasil next time, maybe I'll get to fight Edge :D

Training is going well for me these days, things starting to open up, went through kind of a mental switch where I just feel/believe suddenly I'm capable of more than I thought I was. I feel like a different shark out there, been underestimating myself I think for a while

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Come on then son, bring it!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:54 am

Some late night wrestling drills training tonight with my friend John.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Grappling with Canuckster is like grappling with one of these things, but life-size:

lol

I am fat and soft from too much vacation, looking forward to getting back to the mats and suffering for a while :D

PS: Johnny has really lost a ton of weight, no? looking great

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Yeah, considering he was once over 300 lbs, he now weighs less than me.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Masato wrote:Grappling with Canuckster is like grappling with one of these things, but life-size:

lol

I am fat and soft from too much vacation, looking forward to getting back to the mats and suffering for a while :D

PS: Johnny has really lost a ton of weight, no? looking great

Have you ever rolled in the mask?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:56 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Have you ever rolled in the mask?

No, never. I wonder if it will give me super powers?? :D

Last night I rolled MEAN maybe for the first time in my life. Usually I am not very competitive, I just play technique and have no shame in giving up position and experimenting from bad positions/ don't care so much for winning or losing.

But last night I was in a pretty shitty mood and came to let off some steam. There are these young/bigger whitebelts who are always gunning for me, fighting as hard as they can to show the coach that they can beat a 42 year old blue belt, but last night I decided they would have none of that and showed them who's who. I made them both quit, lol. Not just tap, QUIT.

Also managed to survive a round with a purple belt who usually does the same thing to me, lol. Finished the round on his back but in truth I never really know how much he's giving me or not. Was a fun experience, coming to scrap and let off some stress instead of just roll. Won't be my regular style but for sure not gonna let those white belts get the better of me no more.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Sometimes you gotta show people who's boss

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Return to “Super Dojo”