Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
User avatar
evil-kungfool
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Reputation: 102

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby evil-kungfool » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 pm

So my coach had me run a class while he was at a Seminar last week.
He was a little anal-retentive and reiterated the rules to me like 3-4 times. It went fine, I've taught classes before.
He asked to me run another one next week and I ofc said yes. He's also making me run all of the warmups.
Now he's having a sort-of falling out with the sort-of Assistant Instructor (Blue) and offering me his prepaid free private lessons (long story).

I think he's grooming me to become assistant instructor and might even try to get me to run kids classes.

I don't really want to get that involved. I prefer to be a regular paying customer. What to do?

User avatar
Canuckster
Posts: 4981
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2553

Postby Canuckster » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 pm

Say no
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 12120
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 5605

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Yeah lol Canuckster with the right answer

Truth /honesty imo is almost always the right answer, just be straight with the guy. He will appreciate.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 2257
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1219

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:03 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:So my coach had me run a class while he was at a Seminar last week.
He was a little anal-retentive and reiterated the rules to me like 3-4 times. It went fine, I've taught classes before.
He asked to me run another one next week and I ofc said yes. He's also making me run all of the warmups.
Now he's having a sort-of falling out with the sort-of Assistant Instructor (Blue) and offering me his prepaid free private lessons (long story).

I think he's grooming me to become assistant instructor and might even try to get me to run kids classes.

I don't really want to get that involved. I prefer to be a regular paying customer. What to do?


I think you shouldnt be allowed to work unsupervised with any children under any circumstances.

User avatar
evil-kungfool
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Reputation: 102

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:41 am

Vutulaki wrote:
I think you shouldnt be allowed to work unsupervised with any children under any circumstances.


Bro, do you even train UFC?

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 2257
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1219

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:54 am

evil-kungfool wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
I think you shouldnt be allowed to work unsupervised with any children under any circumstances.


Bro, do you even train UFC?


Ammy boxer by age 12

Fought my first KB fight at 15 against a 26 year old by using fake ID (Didnt want to wear shin pads which you had to in that org as a junior)

Lived a Lana Muay Thai Thailand for a few months.

started BJJ & Wrestling in my early 20's

Fought ammy MMA a few times.

Almost 20 years on I just lift and pound the heavy bag to keep the tools sharp in case someone like you comes near my kids.

User avatar
evil-kungfool
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Reputation: 102

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Almost 20 years on I just lift and pound the heavy bag to keep the tools sharp in case someone like you comes near my kids.


Kids? I thought you were a lady-boy?

User avatar
evil-kungfool
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Reputation: 102

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:49 pm


User avatar
Edge Guerrero
Posts: 5346
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 am
Reputation: 2314
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 am

- Got three good days of training, but got a dawn cold.

Image
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 12120
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 5605

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Edge I must be daft but I still don't know what you train :D

BJJ? Are you a wrestler??? I thought you were a bodybuilder sometimes


Return to “Super Dojo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest