Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:They put up some Olympic rings at my gym and I was messing around with it for about a week... Tryna do the crucifix and shit. Fucking tennis elbow flared up on both arms. Smfh.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

-You need stem cells! :mrgreen:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:They put up some Olympic rings at my gym and I was messing around with it for about a week... Tryna do the crucifix and shit. Fucking tennis elbow flared up on both arms. Smfh.

Tryna do the crucifix?? What for real, can you do that shit?

That always looks so impossible to me, like superhuman strength

I am missing BKK like a mofo, all of last week, work has been nuts. Was gonna go today but clients all panicking had to stay back again

:(

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:43 pm

Masato wrote:

Tryna do the crucifix?? What for real, can you do that shit?

That always looks so impossible to me, like superhuman strength

I am missing BKK like a mofo, all of last week, work has been nuts. Was gonna go today but clients all panicking had to stay back again

:(

LOL... i did like a quarter crucifix and collapsed on the mats. I'm not touching those things again without proper coaching.

Got my second stripe on my blue about a month ago. Thinking about competing in september in the masters division. So no more weird workouts that can lead to injury until after the tournament.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Masters? How old are you and where do u live?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Canuckster wrote:Masters? How old are you and where do u live?
I believe I am 1 year your junior ya old fart. Still living here about a half hour from Winnson.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:53 pm

-Just a horrible training day today!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:25 pm

My last training was in Victoria BC with INVICTA Champ Sarah Kaufman:

First I took my son there for the kids class, and there was 1 boy around his level that really connected with him Kaufman was so happy that the boy had someone to train with (the other kids were much more novice) that she invited us back the next day even though there was no kids class. She said that if we could make it she'd call the other boy to come in and train during the adult class.

So we arrived and the boy was there waiting. We all start the adult class together and they were pumped to be a part of it.

I learned a really cool takedown and had some good rolls. I tend to go very light when I visit clubs, I don't wanna be that guy who shows up and tries to challenge everyone so I kind of turn it down, even let a few whitebelts get the better of me... but afterwards a good friend of mine who has done a lifetime of martial arts said I was wrong to not give my best and represent my club and my belt. Interesting question wouldn't mind people's thoughts on it

Very big space, there was whole other room as big in the back there where you see (Z)UMA on the blue wall. I didn't take any pics for the adult class but it was packed:

Also got to train with my brother who is a high ranking AIKIDO black belt. I suck at it, lol but fun to see what its all about

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:49 pm

You can be respectful, not try to kill anyone and not be a meathead. I did that at Jorge gurgels club not too long ago. The first couple of matches I kind of went easy to see what they were about, then I started picking it up, didn't meathead anyone but definitely let everyone know I had some skills.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Masato wrote:My last training was in Victoria BC with INVICTA Champ Sarah Kaufman:

First I took my son there for the kids class, and there was 1 boy around his level that really connected with him Kaufman was so happy that the boy had someone to train with (the other kids were much more novice) that she invited us back the next day even though there was no kids class. She said that if we could make it she'd call the other boy to come in and train during the adult class.

So we arrived and the boy was there waiting. We all start the adult class together and they were pumped to be a part of it.

I learned a really cool takedown and had some good rolls. I tend to go very light when I visit clubs, I don't wanna be that guy who shows up and tries to challenge everyone so I kind of turn it down, even let a few whitebelts get the better of me... but afterwards a good friend of mine who has done a lifetime of martial arts said I was wrong to not give my best and represent my club and my belt. Interesting question wouldn't mind people's thoughts on it

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

Very big space, there was whole other room as big in the back there where you see (Z)UMA on the blue wall. I didn't take any pics for the adult class but it was packed:
[spoiler]

[spoiler]

Also got to train with my brother who is a high ranking AIKIDO black belt. I suck at it, lol but fun to see what its all about
[spoiler]

-Isnt hard to breath with those masks?

Return to “Super Dojo”