Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Diet Butcher

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Never rolled mean much before. Gotta start now. Competing in 2 weeks. First time since 2001. Wish me luck!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Never rolled mean much before. Gotta start now. Competing in 2 weeks. First time since 2001. Wish me luck!

This is tremendous, DB!! Super pumped for ya, enjoy/do your best

Yeah its an interesting switch to turn on the 'mean', I look forward to experimenting more with it (without being a dick @ the club)

Admire you competing at our age... I feel with my lifestyle I just can't make the time to train consistently enough to get to any sort of competition levels... I always figure if I was to compete I'd like to put in at LEAST a month of solid, regular (4X/week) training to get primed for it, which is basically impossible with family/work demands

but maybe that's just an excuse lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:Never rolled mean much before. Gotta start now. Competing in 2 weeks. First time since 2001. Wish me luck!

This is tremendous, DB!! Super pumped for ya, enjoy/do your best

Yeah its an interesting switch to turn on the 'mean', I look forward to experimenting more with it (without being a dick @ the club)

Admire you competing at our age... I feel with my lifestyle I just can't make the time to train consistently enough to get to any sort of competition levels... I always figure if I was to compete I'd like to put in at LEAST a month of solid, regular (4X/week) training to get primed for it, which is basically impossible with family/work demands

but maybe that's just an excuse lol

Speaking of which, I have a grading coming up next month and I want to get in all the rolling I can. If you want to arrange some training with me that would be great.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 pm

^^ man, I will be no help to you if you're training for a grading. You need to get some higher level guys to work with

Come train at our club, lots of brown belts

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Just time rolling is good
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 pm

OK let me know some times you plan to train, my schedule is really packed but I'll make it if I can

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Since I quit smoking herbs I feel totally different out there. Not a huge jump in any skills, but a definite jump in stamina, and mentally I just feel like I opened a bunch of doors. I think I will improve now at a much faster rate. interesting

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:42 pm

I'm sposeda be going to btc in burlington with Johnny tomorrow, you're welcome to join us I'll let you know.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Canuckster wrote:I'm sposeda be going to btc in burlington with Johnny tomorrow, you're welcome to join us I'll let you know.

Nice. A brown belt from our club is opening his own club in Beamsville on Sunday, he's having a grand opening, BBQ and rolling etc.

I'm going, though not exactly sure what time:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Putting in work with my boy John today.

Return to “Super Dojo”