Anyone else worried for Penn?

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Anyone else worried for Penn?

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Hey all

Huge BJ Penn fan... some semi-unclear pics floating around of him looking fat (I won't post cuz they are kinda debatable..)

Regardless, I have this gnawing feeling he is gonna come in out of shape and unfocussed, thinking he can just Hilo-scrap and win. :(

But can you imagine the crowd if he comes running in all peaked and wrecks Rory???? I think everyone will go bananas. Super stoked for this fight, but worried as all hell.

What do you think? Is BJ done? Has the sport passed him by? Do you like to see him keep fighting or would you rather like to see him retire and keep his legend intact?

Garrbanzzo

Postby Garrbanzzo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:12 pm

I like BJ and even bought a UFC 127 shirt from his mom at the UFC fan expo in Houston for UFC 136. Unfortunately you may have nailed in on the head when you say that the sport has passed him by. Of the fighter that were active during his UFC debut in 2001 only a handful are still fighting and even fewer are in hopes of a title shot. Maybe those young guns that have been training MMA from the beginning (like Rory) are starting to make their presence know. I think that despite what ever Rory has mentioned as to why he chose this fight I feel that he thinks it's an easy fight.

Return to “Super Dojo”