Johny Hendricks vs. Neil Magny added to UFC 207

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Johny Hendricks vs. Neil Magny added to UFC 207

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

by Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti Oct 19, 2016

Two welterweight contenders looking to bounce back from recent losses will collide on Dec. 30 when former UFC champion Johny Hendricks takes on Neil Magny at UFC 207. The UFC announced the bout late Tuesday night.

Hendricks (17-5) is currently in the midst of the worst slump of his UFC career, having lost three of his four bouts since he defeated Robbie Lawler at UFC 171 to claim the vacant welterweight title. The 33-year-old Hendricks suffered the first back-to-back losses of his career over that time, starting with a nasty first-round knockout at the hands of Stephen Thompson in February and continuing with a unanimous decision loss to Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 200.

Hendricks has also seen his weight-cutting struggles come to a head since the end of his title reign. His bout against Tyron Woodley at UFC 192 was scrapped when Hendricks was hospitalized with an intestinal blockage and kidney stones while cutting down to the welterweight limit. Hendricks then missed weight for the first official time in his UFC career at UFC 200 when he tipped the scales at 171.25 pounds, just .25 pounds over the division's limits.

Magny (18-5), on the other hand, saw his torrid run through the welterweight ranks come to a violent end at UFC 202 when he suffered a first-round TKO loss to Lorenz Larkin.

Full read http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/10/19/13327674/ufc-207-fight-card-johny-hendricks-vs-neil-magny
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:12 pm

I thought Hendricks retired. After USADA, the base in his voice dropped significantly and his skills took a huge dip. Thats none of my business though

Return to “Super Dojo”