MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Ronda Rouey's UFC 168 Walkout Music

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Badass:

JOL

Postby JOL » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:34 am

It's cool, and yes I would've picked Slayer. (Raining Blood or Angel of Death)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:24 am

The whole idea of choosing walkout music is very interesting imo

All the work, all the heart, all the passion that is needed to prepare a fighter to walk to the ring/cage... how the fighter identifies with himself, his own spirit, his views on martial arts, their own journey, struggles, accomplishments, etc.

The music needs to CAPTURE that, and bring it all to the forefront of the fighter's state of mind. I think it tells a lot about a person, I have always been fascinated with walkouts/entrances.

On the other hand there is the entertainment aspect; what would hype up a crowd?

My problem is recently I've been watching events with friends at this bar/restaurant and the sound SUCKS and I can never hear any of the walkout music, lol. PRIDE DVDs used to also edit out entrances it drove me crazy. I would love to have a vid of just Sakuraba's entrances alone

What would YOU pick? JOL has spilled his guts, lol

I would have a hard time deciding - it would have to be either a Bob Marley, Sinead O'Connor, or NOFX tune. :)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:50 pm

the walkout music at ufc's isnt really played or emphasized in any way.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:52 pm

im using this on my next one.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”