Morning-After Fight-Premonitions -

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Morning-After Fight-Premonitions -

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Hey all

So after being a huge MMA fan since UFC 2, my skills at predicting fights still suck. I never get em right, lol

HOWEVER, I have noticed a really weird trend over the years;

Whenever I miss a big event, I always wake up the next morning and find the fights online. But what's weird is that as soon as I wake up and think about the fight, I often have a very clear premonition of the winner. Not based on any logic or forethought, it just comes instantly to mind. I am right more than I should be.

This happened again for Conor-Diaz 2. I couldn't predict the fight worth a damn, but Sunday morning comes and I somehow just knew that Conor won, but it wasn't spectacularly; must have gone to a decision. I found a link to the fight and there it was.

Does anyone believe there may be something to this? Like on a collective-consciousness type level? Predicting the future is a blind shot in the dark, but the morning-after there is without a doubt some kind of echo of the event still rippling through the ether... no doubt the result is actively on the forefront of millions of minds at that very moment, reminiscing, discussing, analyzing, photoshopping, etc. -Could I be tapping in to this?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Return to “Super Dojo”