Joe Warren vs. Sirwan Kakai at Bellator 161

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Joe Warren vs. Sirwan Kakai at Bellator 161

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:20 am

By Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander on Aug 10, 2016

Bellator 161 has its co-main event, and it features one of the promotion's most famous faces. In a press release written on Wednesday, Bellator MMA announced the addition of former featherweight and bantamweight champion Joe Warren against UFC veteran Sirwan Kakai. The card will take place at H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas on Friday, September 16th.

Warren (13-5) was violently suplexed and then choked out cold by prospect Darrion Caldwell in the Bellator 151 main event in Thackerville, Oklahoma. If you're into purely coincidental and utterly pointless facts, Warren's last three losses -- to Caldwell, Marcos Galvao, and Pat Curran -- have all occurred in the month of March. The last time "The Baddest Man on the Planet" fought in Texas, he defeated L.C. Davis by unanimous decision in October 2015, but was suspended for 90 days after failing a post-fight drug test for marijuana.

Kakai (12-4) was surprisingly released by the UFC after just two fights, of which he won his debut against Danny Martinez before dropping a competitive decision to Frankie Saenz. The 26-year-old Swede -- 13 years younger than Warren -- made his Bellator debut on the undercard of Warren vs. Caldwell, and lost a decision to current presumptive #1 contender Joe Taimanglo.

Bellator 161 is headlined by a heavyweight clash between UFC veteran Cheick Kongo and Tony Johnson. The main card airs live on Spike TV at 10 PM ET/9 PM CT

Source http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/10/12426410/mma-news-joe-warren-vs-sirwan-kakai-co-headlines-bellator-161
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”