Henderson support Mark Hunt' attempt to unionize fighers

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Henderson support Mark Hunt' attempt to unionize fighers

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:39 am

By Dave Doyle@davedoylemma on Jul 27, 2016

SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- Former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson plies his trade in Bellator these days. But when UFC competitor Mark Hunt makes a ruckus, it reverberates around the sport.

Hunt has boisterously expressed his opinions after Brock Lesnar failed two drug tests following Lesnar's 200 win over Hunt. Among other things, Hunt has said he'll be the one to organize fighters into a union.

And Henderson, who has never been afraid to speak his mind, says he's on board with "The Super Samoan."

"I 100 percent support Mark Hunt, everything he's doing and talking about," Henderson told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday. "I think it's a long time coming, it should have been here a long time ago."

Henderson also noted that others helped lay the groundwork to simply get the issue out in the forefront, including those who are currently suing the UFC on antitrust grounds.

"There are a lot of other guys, Cung Le, Jon Fitch, there have been guys who have talked about it for a long time," Henderson said. "I show my support and solidarity with those guys. As a mixed martial artist, I definitely support them."

The fighter nicknamed "Smooth" believe labor relations are part of the sport's maturation. In the early days, fighters were as often as not simply happy to fight and weren't as inclined tot think of themselves as professional athletes.

"MMA is such a young sport," Henderson said. "The NFL has been established, it's been around a long time, boxing has been around a long time, Major League Baseball has been around a long time, but MMA as a sport is so young, that a lot of guys who do MMA, the fighters of MMA, don't really know what it is like to be a professional athlete."

Read the full article at the linkhttp://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/27/12291192/ben-henderson-i-100-percent-support-mark-hunt-in-his-attempt-to
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”