Frank Mir requests his release from the UFC

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Frank Mir requests his release from the UFC

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:18 am

By Dave Doyle@davedoylemma on Jul 5, 2016, 5:13p

Former UFC heavyweight champ Frank Mir is the longest-tenured fighter on the company roster. The 37-year-old Las Vegas native has competed for Zuffa since UFC 34 in 2001.

But now Mir is requesting that his time with the company come to an end. On Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, Mir announced he is asking the UFC release him from his contract.

"As of now I'm under suspension, as of April 2018 I'll be eligible to fight again the UFC, and even more, as troubling as that is, they have it to where I can't do any broadcasting," Mir said. "Not that I was ever going to get it in there, just because I've been asking for several years since the WEC since put this in the rotation, right now I'd like to be released by the UFC so I can continue my career in other avenues."

Mir tested positive for oral turinabol metabolites in a USADA-administered test after his loss to Mark Hunt on April 7 in Brisbane, Australia. He continues to maintain his innocence in the situation, but has decided to forego an appeal due to the costs involved.

"I didn't see any advantage or course of action that would have been conclusive or really had any percentages on my side where I could win," Mir said. It's starting to look very expensive to fight, and if at the end of it I'm still suspended and I'm not allowed to fight or broadcast, I have to start to think about my savings as I'm trying to raise children, I made a decision to forego trying to battle it anymore.

Please read the rest on the link http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/5/12101562/frank-mir-requests-his-release-from-the-ufc
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:07 am

Wow interesting story

I saw the headline and thought ya OK whatever, but this is a bit more juicy than I'd thought

UFC contracts seem really fucked up. Fedor was wise not to sign. The guy is 37 and wants to pursue other things, how crazy to try to stop them from doing that? Even worse force them to fight if they don't want to? Also interesting how expensive it is to go through any court proceedings to defend one's self, they gots deeper pockets than you, mofo.

What a shitty situation for the guy. Suspended, can't challenge the suspension, can't earn income, not allowed to do other things

UFC taking a lot of heat lately for their business methods

Here is the interview

@ 3:07:00

Return to “Super Dojo”