Michael Chandler wants Josh Thomson then Ben Henderson

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Chandler wants Josh Thomson then Ben Henderson

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:20 am

By Danny Segura@DannySeguraTV on Jul 4, 2016, 8:00

Michael Chandler wants to remember the image of Patricky Freire stiffening up and falling like downed lumber for the rest of his life.

At this past Friday's Bellator 157 card, Chandler regained his lightweight belt, after losing it to Will Brooks in 2014, by knocking out the Brazilian Freire in the first round with a sharp straight right hand. On Monday, the newly crowned Bellator lightweight champion went on The MMA Hour to talk about his performance and what's next for his career.

"It's surreal," Chandler told Ariel Helwani. "I have the vision of him [Freire] falling and stiffening up in my head right now, and I hope it burns into my subconscious and into my brain because I want to be able to remember that for the rest of my life because it was such an awesome feeling."

Chandler credits that highlight-reel knockout to his change in preparation, as he is no longer training with Alliance MMA Team in San Diego. The 30-year-old lightweight moved across the country to Boca Raton, Fla. to train with Neil Melanson and Henry Hooft at the Blackzillians.

"I got to give credit to Henry hoof because his pad work is different," Chandler said. "It's not about crazy combinations, it's not about cardio, and it's not about quickness or this and that. It's about footwork, moving in and out of the pocket, speed, power and accuracy. My punches are so accurate, and so powerful because that's how he makes us train in those pad sessions.

Read the rest here http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/4/12062138/michael-chandler-cherishes-ko-of-patricky-pitbull-wants-josh-thomson
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”