Rory MacDonald expects to become free agent

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Rory MacDonald expects to become free agent

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:32 am

After failed negotiations with UFC

By Shaun Al-Shatti @shaunalshatti on Mar 14, 2016

Rory Mcdonald has been stuck on the sidelines since July, when he competed opposite UFC welterweight champion Robbie Lawler in one of the greatest fights of the sport's young history. However that inactivity hasn't been by choice.

MacDonald revealed Monday on The MMA Hour that his time on the shelf has been the result of a lengthy -- and ultimately failed -- negotiation period with the UFC, as his upcoming June 18 bout against Stephen Thompson represents the last fight of his current UFC contract. And with talks having reached a standstill, "The Red King" made his intentions clear: one of the world's best welterweights is "very willing" to test the free agency waters once his contract ends after UFC Fight Night 89.

"I want to make the most money I can. I want to get paid for what I bring to the table," MacDonald said. "I've sacrificed a lot to get to the top, to the world title. I really sacrificed, and I took a lot of chances. I did a lot of favors, I felt like, for the UFC and I don't think it got returned. So now it's all about making money, and whoever wants to pay me the most is where I'll go."

Source http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/14/11224612/rory-macdonald-very-willing-to-test-free-agency-after-next-fight

- UFC is a joke for letin people like Bendo, Rory O`Mac and Thomson go.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:48 am

I'd love to see him soccer kick some B class talent in ONE C.

Return to “Super Dojo”