Michael Chandler ready for fight with Benson Henderson

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Chandler ready for fight with Benson Henderson

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:59 pm

at 155 or 170

Michael Chandler’s decision to re-sign with Bellator came at a time when the promotion has been making big moves on the free agent market.

Now, Chandler (14-3 MMA, 11-3 BMMA) is lined up to reap the rewards of Bellator’s power plays. The former lightweight champion is set to face Strikeforce and UFC veteran Josh Thomson (22-8 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) in the co-main event of Bellator 154, which takes place May 14 at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif.

It’s a fight that Chandler said he knew was going to happen, if for no other reason than strong fan interest in the bout.

“Obviously, during my negotiations, (Benson Henderson) was signed,” Chandler told MMAjunkie Radio. “There’s been constant talk since Josh Thomson signed with the organization of me and him fighting. I knew, no matter what, I was going to get that Josh Thomson fight. I didn’t know it was going to be next until recently. But I knew it was going to be within the next half of a calendar year.”

Read the rest at the link http://mmajunkie.com/2016/03/michael-chandler-ready-for-fight-with-benson-henderson-at-155-or-170
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”