Hidden Gem I found: Miletich vs Severn

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Luigi

Hidden Gem I found: Miletich vs Severn

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:42 am

An alpha of gen1 HWs vs an alpha of gen2 middle/welterweights. Both relatively close to their primes. One of the first UFC fighters vs one of the first true mixed martial artists.

Another thing I love about this is the promotion. Extreme Challenge had a square cage and one 20 minute round. If there was no finish at the end of 20 minutes it was an automatic draw. If you watch their events its usually Severn destroying big guys and Miletich destroying lighter guys, so its like the two kings colliding. Notice how the square cage makes it a useful tactic to try to stuff the opponent in the corner trapping them while you GnP. Its very cool.

http://vk.com/video-43465794_163662214

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Luigi wrote:An alpha of gen1 HWs vs an alpha of gen2 middle/welterweights. Both relatively close to their primes. One of the first UFC fighters vs one of the first true mixed martial artists.

Another thing I love about this is the promotion. Extreme Challenge had a square cage and one 20 minute round. If there was no finish at the end of 20 minutes it was an automatic draw. If you watch their events its usually Severn destroying big guys and Miletich destroying lighter guys, so its like the two kings colliding. Notice how the square cage makes it a useful tactic to try to stuff the opponent in the corner trapping them while you GnP. Its very cool.

http://vk.com/video-43465794_163662214

- That`s is why i don`t like a ring. There are some old vale-tudo matchs that the guys stayed on the corner all the time.
Can`t imagine a nightmare that is a squared cage whit someone like Severn trapping you on the corner.

Cool find.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”