Velasquez injured, Miocic steps-up against Werdum

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Velasquez injured, Miocic steps-up against Werdum

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:44 am

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 am

Between JDS, Velazquez, and Werdum, I've always thought that this is the most favorable matchup for Stipe.

Werdum has always been kind of overlooked and that's unfortunate... I think he's probably a better all around martial artist than Stipe, but Miocic is the best natural athlete in the UFC by far and everyone knows it.

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:24 am

I think Overeem is an easy fight for him, too. So if he gets past Werdum, he should have the belt for a while.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:26 pm

Whoops, now Werdum is out too,

Legit injury, or is he ducking Miocic?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/1/25/10 ... ith-injury

Fabricio Werdum is also out of UFC 196.

The UFC heavyweight champion was initially scheduled to face Cain Velasquez on Feb. 6, but the former titleholder pulled out of the bout with a back injury.

A day after the announcement that Velasquez would be replaced by Stipe Miocic, the Brazilian told MMAFighting.com he will also pull out of the event with an injury.

"I was already injured," Werdum told Brazilian journalists on Monday. "I have a foot injury, and haven’t been able to throw kicks in training for two weeks. I would still fight Cain because I was injured the last time, but I also hurt my back last Friday. I went to the doctor, tried to continue training, but couldn’t spar as I should spar.

"I decided not to fight because I’m not 100 percent," he continued. "If Cain was the opponent, I would go on. It’s not his fault, it’s nobody’s fault. Injuries happen. You can’t avoid them. I have no option. I made this decision because I’m not feeling 100 percent."

Werdum says he’s "still confused" about everything that happened.

"I made this decision together with my team," he said. "We decided not to fight. Cain can’t fight. I was going to hide the injury one more time, like I always did. I tried to hide it, but couldn’t this time. I can’t fight if I’m not 100 percent to put on a show like I always did."

The Brazilian says he’s down to fighting in "two or three months", and is open to facing Velasquez or Miocic.

"It took me a long time to get here and win this belt, be the champion, to throw everything away because I’m not 100 percent," Werdum said. "I have to think about everything now, I can’t think and act like I did when I was 20. It’s not like that anymore. Everything changed. I’m 38 now, and I feel I’m at the best moment of my career, and I can’t risk my career because of pride."

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:44 pm

UFC is pretty lame in general.

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:26 am

I think it's a clever move from Werdum. Stipe is touted as the future of the division, you need a full camp to plan for his game.

Unfortunately it's no longer about who is the best, period. But who is the best given time to prepare to beat a specific style. Just shows how complicates, complex, technical etc the sport has become.

Wise move Werdum. Wise move.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:18 am

robbstar wrote:I think it's a clever move from Werdum. Stipe is touted as the future of the division, you need a full camp to plan for his game.

Unfortunately it's no longer about who is the best, period. But who is the best given time to prepare to beat a specific style. Just shows how complicates, complex, technical etc the sport has become.

Wise move Werdum. Wise move.

- Jones is far superior to Sonnen, but he didn`t take the risk, and he did right.
Pullyng a Shogun and fighting with you`r heart doesn`s cut more in today UFC and mma world in general.
This isn`t pro-wrestling and the fans and boss are gonna thrown you out.
Look at Mirko and his torn biceps against Shutdown Shaubby, nobody remembers his torn biceps just that Mirko lost.

Josh Barnett: I'd 'absolutely' fight Stipe Miocic for interim UFC heavyweight belt

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/1/25/10830160/josh-barnett-id-absolutely-fight-stipe-miocic-for-interim-ufc

- Barnett body is ready.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm

I totally agree Edge Guerrero.

Isee Jon jones has said he will fight Stipe as well , but only for the belt , no interm title!!

Barnett fight would be cool!!

Return to “Super Dojo”