Thomas Almeida responds to John Dodson’s callout

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Thomas Almeida responds to John Dodson’s callout

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:18 am

more interested in Urijah Faber fight

By Guilherme Cruz@guicruzzz on Dec 1, 2015

John Dodson is still waiting for a response after asking the UFC for a fight against bantamweight prospect Thomas Almeida, but the Brazilian is looking for a different opponent.

Ranked at No. 7 in the 135-pound division after four straight wins in 365 days as a UFC fighter, Almeida wants to face someone at the top of the bantamweight class so he moves one step closer towards the belt.

"I believe a fighter better ranked than me would be great, so I can prove to myself I’m capable and move up the rankings," the 20-0 bantamweight told MMAFighting.com. "That’s the plan, but I have to be ready for whoever the UFC wants. But if I can get an opponent ranked higher than me, that’s better."

Dodson recently explained why he wants Almeida next. The Chute Boxe talent would accept to welcome "The Magician" back to the bantamweight division, but suggests he faces former WEC champion Urijah Faber instead.

"(Dodson) is a great athlete, I admire him a lot, he has beaten great names in both divisions, bantamweight and below," Almeida said. "I’m an employee and I don’t pick fights. Whoever the UFC wants, I’ll do my best to win.

"Every fight is interesting, especially now at the top of the division. It’s a challenge. But I believe Faber would be a better fight for me career-wise."

Read the rest of the article on the link:http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/1/9819500/thomas-almeida-responds-to-john-dodson-s-callout-more-interested-in
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”