Josh Koscheck, Paul Daley both booked for Bellator 148

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Josh Koscheck, Paul Daley both booked for Bellator 148

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:16 am

By Marc Raimondi@marc_raimondi

Josh Koscheck and Paul Daley are going to be on the same card. Just not against each other.

Koscheck will take on Matt Secor in his promotion debut at Bellator 148 on Jan. 29 in Fresno, Calif., it was announced Monday morning. Daley meets Andy Uhrich on the same card. MMA Mad was the first to report the Koscheck-Secor fight last week. Koscheck and Daley have a long standing feud.

Koscheck (17-10) signed with Bellator in June after a long run with the UFC that included a spot on The Ultimate Fighter 1. The Fresno area resident has lost five straight, albeit against mostly elite opponents in the welterweight division. Koscheck, 37, owns career wins over Matt Hughes, Anthony Johnson, Diego Sanchez and, of course, Daley. He lost in a UFC welterweight title fight to Georges St-Pierre in 2010.

Secor (7-2) has won three straight in Bellator and World Series of Fighting. The 29-year-old upstate New York native has only lost to current UFC fighters Lyman Good and Nordine Taleb in his career.

Daley (37-13-2) has won four in a row in MMA, but was last seen beating Fernado Gonzalez in a GLORY kickboxing match at Bellator MMA: Dynamite 1 in September. The decorated kickboxer knocked out Matt Olson in the second round in an MMA fight in July. The former UFC and Strikeforce fighter has only two losses since 2011. Daley, 32, fell to Koscheck in 2010 and famously took a swing at him after the bell, causing Daley to be cut from the UFC.

Uhrich (11-5) has won three straight, most recently in Titan FC. The 29-year-old is a veteran of the FightMaster Bellator reality show.

No other fights have been announced for Bellator 148. It will make the promotion's first trip to Fresno since Alexander Shlemenko knocked out Melvin Manhoef back in February at Bellator 133 and then popped for elevated levels of testosterone. Shlemenko.

Source:http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/16/9745044/josh-koscheck-paul-daley-both-booked-for-bellator-148
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”