Come Join Us At Shaolin

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Som-Pong

Come Join Us At Shaolin

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:12 am

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:37 am

Don’t know if anyone here is familiar with Yi Long. He is one of the few Shaolin temple guys that went on to be a pro fighter. Here is a really exciting fight against a tough Thai guy. Yi Long lost a close decision but great fight.

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:45 am

this is a form called Lian Huan Quan,I am performing in front of some kung fu kids in china.

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:49 am

I do commercials here in Asia which is also kind of fun.

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:04 am

Her's another.you know sometimes I envy you guys,I too want to be an angry redneck living in my moms basement.

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:10 am

O look here I am opening for my friend/ coach pro fighter Yao Honggang,[little brother fought in UFC Korea couple days ago] rapping the original song I wrote for him in an arena.

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:21 am

o look wait look another. living in Asia is so uncool. getting lots of Asian pussy and working as an actor, studying kung fu at the Shaolin temple.O how I wish I could be an angry redneck that never stepped foot out of his hometown ,live in his moms basement, eats barbecues in his folks backyard and watches mma on television

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:43 am

Who are you talking to, wiz?

What makes you think anyone here lives with their parents, never stepped out of their hometown, etc?

You definitely lead an interesting life, but others have interesting lives too, not really understanding your tone of posting

In reference to my question of meeting monks with high ability, I was referring more to spiritual levels than physical.

wiz cool c

Postby wiz cool c » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:30 am

No cause samsong posted the famous video of the overweight kid swinging around the staff clumsily, and his thumbnail picture flashes some ugly angry redneck with a goatee. So when someone wants to try and mock me I remind them of reality. Masato me and you are cool man, I would never disrespect anyone who didn’t disrespect me first.

I watched an interview recently with an 80 celebrity, funny man Sinbad. He made an interesting point. He said these days everyone wants to be a star and no one wants to be a fan. I believe this is the root cause of all the hating we see going on the internet. You know martial arts has always been a form of discipline. You see the million of martial art schools all around America advertising that they teach disciple. That is a quality that specially America need desperately right now. but now you can see martial arts has become a form of reckless attitude and behavior. The more school shootings and police racial beatings that go on and now martial arts has become nothing more than a blood sport, it’s a shame.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:13 am

^ yeah except its not 'reality'... Som may not dig your stuff and might be a crass mofo, but he is an interesting guy as well in his own right. Its simply wrong to assume he's a redneck living in his Mom's basement who has never traveled. To make these accusations and sarcastic posts I fear for your sake that it kind of tarnishes the image that would attract fans of Shaolin and the ideals it represents. But its cool, we are all individuals, if you wanna jab back at Som I can't say I blame ya :D I personally prefer to fight critics with humor, compassion and good temper though

If you wanna get into traditions of real Martial Arts, especially Shaolin, perhaps you are more experienced than me but I always thought respect, humility, holding one's tongue etc is sort of part of that package. Are you interested in this sort of character-building as well? Or just in it for the physical development etc?

Also I am interested if when you settle there more permanently, if you plan to live a monk(ish) lifestyle or not. Will you work? Drive? Shop? or are you going for an authentic Shaolin lifestyle experience?

thanks for the discussion

Return to “Super Dojo”