Stephen Thompson vs. Neil Magny added to UFC 195

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Stephen Thompson vs. Neil Magny added to UFC 195

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:57 pm

By Shaun Al-Shatti@shaunalshatti on Oct 22, 2015, 2:38p

The UFC's next New Year's weekend event is quickly turning into a welterweight showcase. A sizzling match-up between rising 170-pound contenders, Stephen Thompson and Neil Magny, has been scheduled for Jan. 2 at UFC 195 in Las Vegas, NV. The UFC announced the bout on Thursday.

Thompson and Magny are two of the division's hottest prospects, having won a combined 14 out of their last 16 contests, with eight of those victories coming by way of finish.

Affectionately nicknamed "Wonderboy," Thompson (11-1) has ripped off five straight victories since stumbling to Matt Brown in 2012.

A kickboxing stylist with a dazzling array of powerful kicks, Thompson saved his greatest knockout for last, crushing Jake Ellenberger with a spinning hook kick in July's TUF 21 Finale. The 32-year-old is the No. 8 ranked welterweight in the UFC's media-generated rankings.

Magny (16-4), on the other hand, has emerged as one of the division's most unexpected and consistent fighters, racking up a ridiculous 8-1 combined record in 2014 and 2015.

The 28-year-old's surprising seven-fight win streak met a buzz saw of an end earlier this year at the hands of Demian Maia, but Magny bounced back to trounce Erick Silva just three weeks later, propelling him back into the division's No. 12 ranking.

UFC 195 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. Welterweight champion Robbie Lawler looks to defend his belt against Carlos Condit in the night's main event. The main card airs live on pay-per-view.

An updated UFC 195 fight card can be seen below.

Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit
Andrei Arlovski vs. Stipe Miocic
Stephen Thompson vs. Neil Magny
Lorenz Larkin vs. Albert Tumenov
Drew Dober vs. Erik Koch
Edgar Garcia vs. Sheldon Westcott

Source:http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/22/9598612/stephen-thompson-vs-neil-magny-added-to-ufc-195
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”