M-1 Global heavyweight champ sets sights on the UFC

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

M-1 Global heavyweight champ sets sights on the UFC

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:44 am

By Karim Zidan@ZidanSports on Oct 20, 2015, 3:00p

M-1 Global heavyweight champion Marcin Tybura revealed that he would be interested in signing a contract with the UFC once his M-1 deal is completed.

One of M-1 Global's most dominant champions is looking beyond Russia and out to the West for his next fight contract in 2016.

Poland's Marcin Tybura has reigned as the M-1 heavyweight champion since 2014 and has defended the title twice during that period. He holds a 13-1 record that includes victories over Damian Grabowski, Denis Smoldariew and Konstantin Gluhov. His only professional blemish came against light-heavyweight champion Stephan Puetz in a champion vs. champion feature bout earlier this year.

Following his injury TKO win against Ante Delija at M-1 Challenge 61, Tybura has one fight remaining on his contract and revealed that he may be interested in a move to the UFC.

"If everything on my mind works out, I'd like to join with the American organization UFC," Tybura told Echoes of Turku (ht MMARocks.pl).

The first half of Tybura's career took place in his native Poland but he did not seem interested in joining KSW, the country's biggest promotion.

"In the case of such an alternative, I would choose M-1. The Russians have proposed much better conditions for me."

Tybura's next fight will likely take place in early 2016.

Source:http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/20/9573463/m-1-global-heavyweight-champ-sets-sights-on-the-ufc
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”